Increasing Demand for Waterproof Electronics from Consumers
The usage of superhydrophobic coatings in the electronics industry is increasing due to their capability to protect sensitive electronics’ parts from water damage. The application of superhydrophobic coatings results in fewer returns, less rework, cost savings, and flexibility for the consumers. These coatings are known for imparting anti-fingerprint, anti-fouling, self-cleaning, anti-corrosion, and anti-soil properties to the gadgets. With the increasing demand for gadgets across the globe, the usage of superhydrophobic coatings is expected to increase.
Carbon Nanotube-based Coatings to Own Higher Share
Carbon nanotube-based superhydrophobic coatings are expected to dominate the market due to their superior mechanical, electrical, and thermal properties. A superhydrophobic surface is created with the functionalization of hydrophobic polytetrafluroethylene (PTFE) with nanotubes. These PTFE-coated carbon nanotubes impersonate nature’s design. The coatings based on carbon nanotube are environmentally stable, thermally robust, conductive coatings that can withstand high thermal shocks and high temperature.
Asia-Pacific to Lead among Other Regions
Asia-Pacific is expected to lead the market supported by the presence of low-cost raw materials of fine quality and a growing electronics industry. The growing awareness among the consumers in the region is also to act as a driver in increasing the demand for superhydrophobic coatings. The usage of these coatings in the automotive, textiles, and food packaging industries is going to be the other factor to drive the market in the region.
Notable Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Scientists found a simple method to produce superhydrophobic coatings for aluminum related to marine and medical applications.
- April 2017: A team of researchers from the University of Michigan developed a self-healing, water-repellant coating that is hundred times more durable than its already-
Major Key Players PPG Industries, AkzoNobel N.V., RPM International, Inc., Sherwin-Williams Company, Nippon Paints, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To understand the impact of end-user industries on the market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand the dominating technology in the market
- Countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing construction industry in Asia-Pacific region
4.1.2 Growth in the Adoption of Self-cleaning Surfaces
4.2.1 Complex Production Process and High Investment Cost
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3.1 Increasing Novel Application in Various Industries, like Textile, Electronics, etc.
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product type
5.1.2 Carbon Nanotube-Based
5.1.3 Flouro-Polymer- based
5.1.4 Metal Oxide-based
5.2 By Application
5.2.7 Others (Textiles, etc.)
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth & Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 ASEAN Countries
6.1.6 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
8.3 Lotus Leaf Coatings Inc.
8.4 Nanex Company
8.5 Aculon Inc.
8.6 Artekya Ltd
8.7 BASF SE
8.9 DryWired LLC
8.10 Nanotech LLC
8.11 NEI corporation
8.12 NeverWet LLC
8.13 NTT Advanced Technology
8.14 P2i Limited
8.15 RPM International
8.16 Rust-Oleum Corporation
8.17 The Sherwin-Williams Company
8.18 Pearl Nano, LLC
8.19 UltraTech International Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
**Subject to Feasibility & Availability on Public Domain
- Lotus Leaf Coatings Inc.
- Nanex Company
- Aculon Inc.
- Artekya Ltd
- BASF SE
- DryWired LLC
- Nanotech LLC
- NEI corporation
- NeverWet LLC
- NTT Advanced Technology
- P2i Limited
- RPM International
- Rust-Oleum Corporation
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Pearl Nano LLC
- UltraTech International Inc.