Growing Infrastructure and Industrialization in Asia-Pacific
Asia-Pacific provides lucrative market conditions for myriad of chemical processing, paper & pulp, agriculture, automotive, and electrical & electronics industries. Pipeline coatings, particularly, specialty pipeline coatings are forecasted to experience an enormous growth in the aforementioned industries. Proliferate commissioning and expansion of production units, increased strategic acquisitions and partnerships among the major industry players for procuring global presence, due to favorable geographical conditions, and the growing consumer demand, are the main drivers behind the ongoing industrialization in Asia-Pacific. Such trends are likely to increase the consumption demand for both conventional and specialty pipeline coatings.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate Market Growth
Asia-Pacific is being regarded as the global economic powerhouse of the coming decade, due to the growing energy demand, infrastructure needs in construction, and irrigation sectors. In particular, the Asian infrastructure market is forecasted to grow by 7% to 8% annually over the next decade, and is expected to account for almost 60% of the global infrastructure market. Due to the growing population and increasing extent of urbanization, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) has emphasized that the commencement of PPP mode (public-private partnership) of financing will contribute to the sustainable development in Asia-Pacific. Energy demand has forced enhanced recovery and technological advances in new or incremental sources, such as frontier gas, deep water, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), tight gas, shale gas, oil sands, and shale oil. Along with oil & gas pipelines, demand for water-related pipelines contribute to the need for advanced coating solutions.
Key Developments in the Market:
- June 2017: Hempel established a new R&D facility solely focused on passive fire protection (PFP) coatings near Barcelona, Spain. The center is likely to be fully functional by the end of 2018.
- May 2017: Jotun developed a unique maintenance coating system that offers protection, durability, and ease of application, while reducing costs in the offshore operations. It is the world’s first NORSOK approved offshore maintenance coating system for brush and roller application, on power-tooled and water-jetted surfaces.
Reasons to purchase this report
- Current and future global pipe coatings market in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Upsurge in Shale Oil & Gas Production in North America
4.1.2 Growing Infrastructure and Industrialization in Asia-Pacific Region
4.1.3 Rise in Irrigation and Agricultural Activities in South East Asia
4.1.4 Rising Energy Demand in Europe
4.2.1 Plunging Oil Prices Due to Oversupply
4.2.2 Operational Challenges in Newly Discovered Energy Reserves
4.2.3 Competition from Renewable Energy Substitutes
4.3.1 Industrial Growth in the Middle East & Africa
4.3.2 Growth in Deep-water Exploration and Production Activities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Material Type
5.1.2 Epoxy Layered
5.1.3 Coal Tar Enamel
5.1.4 Asphalt Enamel
5.1.5 Vinyl-ester based
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Oil & Gas
5.2.2 Water & Wastewater Treatment
5.2.5 Chemical Processing & Transport
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 The Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
9.2 A.W. Chesterton Co.
9.3 Aegion Coating Services (also operates through subsidiary Bayou Coating)
9.4 Akzo Nobel N.V.
9.5 Al Qahtani Pipe Coating Industries
9.6 Allan Edwards, Inc.
9.7 Arabian Pipe Coating Co. (APCO)
9.8 BASF SE
9.9 Bauhuis B.V.
9.10 Borusan Mannesmann
9.11 Bredero Shaw
9.12 BSR Coatings
9.13 Celanese Corporation
9.14 Corinth Pipeworks S.A.
9.18 GBA Products Co. Ltd
9.19 Global Anti Corrosion Techniques Company Limited
9.20 Hempel Coatings
9.22 Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings B.V.
9.24 PPG Industries
9.25 Shaic International Co.
9.27 Sherwin-Williams (Valspar)
9.29 Wasco Energy Group of Companies
*List Not Exhaustive
**Subject to Feasibility and Availability on Public Domian
- A.W. Chesterton Co.
- Aegion Coating Services (also operates through subsidiary Bayou Coating)
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Al Qahtani Pipe Coating Industries
- Allan Edwards Inc.
- Arabian Pipe Coating Co. (APCO)
- BASF SE
- Bauhuis B.V.
- Borusan Mannesmann
- Bredero Shaw
- BSR Coatings
- Celanese Corporation
- Corinth Pipeworks S.A.
- GBA Products Co. Ltd
- Global Anti Corrosion Techniques Company Limited
- Hempel Coatings
- Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- PPG Industries
- Shaic International Co.
- Sherwin-Williams (Valspar)
- Wasco Energy Group of Companies