The "Payments Landscape in Slovenia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Slovenian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together the author’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Slovenian cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Slovenian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, cheques, and direct debit. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Slovenian clearing company Bankart collaborated with Nordic payments processor Nets in September 2017. As per the agreement, Nets will deploy and manage an instant payments solution for Bankart using the former’s RealTime24/7 payments solution. Bankart will provide the payments infrastructure to the Slovenian banking community, while Nets will provide payment card and account services and merchant payment solutions to financial institutions and merchants. The solution, which is set to roll out in September 2018, will provide an all-inclusive system comprising both instant payments and non-urgent payments.
- To boost electronic payments in the country, banks and payment service providers are launching new payment solutions. NLB launched its mobile wallet NLB Pay in March 2018. The service allows users to save their Mastercard payment card details to the wallet and conduct in-store contactless payments in Slovenia and abroad. In March 2017, Fortumo collaborated with Telekom Slovenije to launch its carrier billing service in Slovenia. The service allows users to pay for digital content within Google Play; the purchases are then charged to the user’s mobile phone bill or prepaid balance. In May 2016, Intesa Sanpaolo Bank launched its mobile wallet in Slovenia. The app works via both NFC and QR codes, allowing users to make in-store payments by waving their phone over contactless terminals or by scanning a QR code at merchant outlets.
- Contactless cards are expected to gain traction in Slovenia, and this will help drive payment card transaction value and volume. There were 1.8 million contactless cards in the country as of 2017. In addition to in-store purchases, contactless payments have been extended to transport. City bus operator Ljubljanski potniski promet (LPP) launched the Urbana mobile app in April 2016, which can be used to make contactless payments for LPP bus rides and to check bus schedules, among other features. The app is available to customers of all mobile operators, and works via Android mobile phones with NFC connectivity. Meanwhile integrated public transport system IJPP - which covers 37 transport providers and deploys 1,500 terminals - allows users to make payments for public transportation using contactless cards.
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Slovenian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Slovenia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
- Market Overview
- Executive Summary
- Card-based Payments
- E-commerce Payments
- Alternative Payments
- Payments Infrastructure & Regulation