Polymeric Nanomaterials in Nanotherapeutics describes how polymeric nanosensors and nanorobotics are used for biomedical instrumentation, surgery, diagnosis and targeted drug delivery for cancer, pharmacokinetics, monitoring of diabetes, and healthcare.
Key areas of coverage include drug administration and formulations for targeted delivery and release of active agents (drug molecules) to non-healthy tissues and cells. The book demonstrates how these are applied to dental work, wound healing, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative disorders, infectious diseases, chronic inflammatory diseases, metabolic diseases, and more. Methods of administration discussed include oral, dental, topical and transdermal, pulmonary and nasal, ocular and optic, vaginal, and brain drug delivery and targeting. Particular attention is given to advanced materials based on multicomponent polymeric systems, with special applications and smart polymeric systems. Drug delivery topics treated in several subchapters includes materials for active targeting and cases study of polymeric nanomaterials in clinical trials. The toxicity and regulatory status of therapeutic polymeric nanomaterials are also examined.
Polymeric Nanomaterials in Nanotherapeutics gives a broad perspective on the topic for researchers, postgraduate students and professionals in the biomaterials, biotechnology, and biomedicalfields.
- Shows how the properties of polymeric nanomaterials can be used to create more efficient medical treatments/therapies
- Demonstrates the potential and range of applications of polymeric nanomaterials in disease prevention, diagnosis, drug development, and improving treatment outcomes
- Accurately explains how the nanotherapeutics can help in solving problems in the field through the latest technologies and formulations
- Polymeric Nanomaterials in Nanomedicine, C. Vasile
Romanian Academy, "P. Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania
- Responsive Polymeric Nanotherapeutics, D. Pamfil, C. Vasile, "P. Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania
- Nanorobots with Applications in Medicine, M. T. Nistor and A. G. Rusu "P. Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania
- Polymeric Nanobiosenors, M.C.Baican, Medicine and Pharmacy University, Pharmaceutical Physics Department, Iasi, Romania
- Nanomaterials derived from phosphorus-containing polymers- diversity of structures and applications, N. Koseva, V. Mitova, Z. Todorova and I. Tsacheva. Institute of Polymers, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Nucleic Acids-Based Bionanomaterials for Gene Therapy, E. Stoleru and C. Vasile- "P. Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania this chapter is missing in the table of content posted on sit
- Electrospun Polymeric Nanostructures with Applications in Nanomedicine, B.S. Munteanu, "Al.I.Cuza University of Iasi, Physics Department, Iasi, Romania
- Nanocoatings. Preparation and Biomedical Applications, Onur Yilmaz, and Ali Yorgancioglu, Ege University, Turkey
- Functionalization of polymer materials for medical applications using chitosan nano-layers, L. Fras Zemljic, M. Bracic, T. Ristic, O. Sauperl, S. Strnad, Z. Persin. University of Maribor, Department of Textiles, Slovenia
- Magnetic Polymeric Nanocomposites, A. Diaconu, A. Chiriac, I. Neamtu, L. Nita, "P. Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania
- Nanogels Containing Polysaccharides for Bioapplications, I. Neamtu, A. Chiriac, L. E. Nita, A. Diaconu and A. G. Rusu, "P. Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania
- Nanomaterials in Tissue Engineering, N. Profire, S. Constantin
Medicine and Pharmacy University, Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department, Iasi, Romania
- Micro/Nanoscaled Dispersed Systems Used in Drug Delivery Applications, C. N. Yilmaz, H. Yesim Karasulu, Ege University, Turkey
- Biological applications of nanoparticles in optical microscopy, Dr. Anca Margineanu, Advanced Light Microscopy, Max Delbrueck Centrum for Molecular Medicine Berlin, Germany
- Regulatory status of therapeutic polymeric nanomaterials, C. Vasile, L. Profire and Corciova Andreia "P. Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iasi, Romania; Medicine and Pharmacy University, Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department, Iasi, Romania; Control of Drugs Department