Computational Fluid-Structure Interaction: Methods, Models, and Applications provides detailed explanations of a range of FSI models, their mathematical formulations, validations, and applications, with an emphasis on conservative unstructured-grid FVM. The first part of the book presents the nascent numerical methods, algorithms and solvers for both compressible and incompressible flows, computational structural dynamics (CSD), parallel multigrid, IOM, IMM and ALE methods. The second half covers the validations of these numerical methods and solvers, as well as their applications in a broad range of areas in basic research and engineering.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the latest numerical methods used in FSI, including the unstructured-grid finite volume method (FVM), parallel multigrid scheme, overlapping mesh, immersed object method (IOM), immersed membrane method (IMM), arbitrary Lagragian-Eulerian (ALE), and more
- Provides full details of the numerical methods, solvers and their validations
- Compares different methods to help readers more effectively choose the right approach for their own FSI problems
- Features real-life FSI case studies, such as large eddy simulation of aeroelastic flutter of a wing, parallel computation of a bio-prosthetic heart valve, and ALE study of a micro aerial vehicle
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Introduction 2. Mathematical Formulation for Preconditioned Compressible Flow Solver 3. Mathematical Formulation for Incompressible Flow Solver 4. Mathematical Formulation for Computational Structural Dynamics 5. The Multigrid Method 6. Parallel Computation 7. The Immersed Object Method with Overlapping Grids 8. Immersed Membrane Method and Fluid-Structure Interaction 9. Arbitrary Lagrangian Eulerian Method and Fluid Structure Interaction 10. IMM FSI Model Validations and Applications 11. IMM FSI Model Validations and Applications for Incompressible Flows 12. IMM FSI Model Validations and Applications for Compressible Flow
Yong Zhao is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan. He is concurrently a Haitian Scholar/professor at Dalian University of Technology in China. Before He took up his current positions, he was Chairman of Mechanical Engineering and Chair of Research in the College of Engineering, Alfaisal University, Saudi Arabia (2010-2016) and a faculty member at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (1992-2010). He has more than 28 years of experience in CFD research and published several books/chapters and more than 100 papers, many of which are in top journals in CFD and CSD. He and his team have won a Bronze Prize in the IBM Blue Challenge supercomputing competition and a Gold Prize in the Silicon Graphics CrayQuest supercomputing competition. His current research interests include high performance scientific computing, advanced CFD and FSI, biomechanics, renewable energy, turbulence and combustion, fire and explosion modelling.
Xiaohui Su is a Professor of Hydraulic Engineering at Dalian University of Technology and a member of Chinese Hydraulic Engineering Society in China. He was a key member of Professor Yong Zhao's research group during his tenure as a postdoctoral research fellow at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He has worked as a research fellow at Tropical Marine Science Institute in Singapore, a hydraulics engineer in DHI-NTU Water and Environment Research Centre and Education Hub in Singapore, and also a research consultant in Atlantis Resources Cooperation Pte Ltd. He has published over 40 papers in CFD and his current research focuses on the design of bionics flapping aircraft using FSI modelling.