Drug Delivery Systems examines the current state of the field within pharmaceutical science and concisely explains the history of drug delivery systems, including key developments. The book translates the physicochemical properties of drugs into drug delivery systems administered via various routes, such as oral, parenteral, transdermal and inhalational. Regulatory and product development topics are also explored. Written by experts in the field, this volume in the Advances in Pharmaceutical Product Development and Research series deepens our understanding of drug delivery systems within the pharmaceutical sciences industry and research, as well as in chemical engineering.
Each chapter delves into a particular aspect of this fundamental field to cover the principles, methodologies and technologies employed by pharmaceutical scientists. This book provides a comprehensive examination that is suitable for researchers and advanced students working in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, biotechnologies, and related industries.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Design and fabrication of Peroral controlled-release delivery systems
3. Design and fabrication of Parenteral drug delivery
4. Design and fabrication of Transdermal/skin drug delivery system
5. Design and fabrication of Brain targeted drug delivery
6. Approaches to development of Implantable therapeutic systems
7. Levels of Drug targeting
8. Current developments in excipient science: Implication of quantitative selection of each excipient in product development
9. Fundamentals of diffusion and dissolution: Dissolution testing of Pharmaceuticals
10. Overview of different carrier systems for advanced drug delivery
11. Cutaneous and transdermal drug delivery: Techniques and Delivery systems
12. Design and evaluation of ophthalmic delivery formulations
13. Strategies for pulmonary delivery of drugs
14. Protein/peptide drug delivery systems: Practical considerations in Pharmaceutical Product Development
15. Regulatory Assessment of controlled release products
16. Specialized tablets: Formulation, evaluation and application
17. Coating technologies in Pharmaceutical Product Development
18. Liquid and poly-disperse systems: Advances in emulsion and suspension technology
19. Sterile products and admixtures
20. Aerosols in Pharmaceutical Product Development
21. Quality control and testing evaluation of pharmaceutical aerosols