Ohls: Hematology, Immunology & Genetics: Neonatology Questions and Controversies
1. Stem cell therapy in neonates-the time has (almost) come
2. Genome and Exome Sequencing: Can it impact clinical care in the NICU
3. Transfusion thresholds in the NICU-what have recent RCTs taught us
4. DONOR MILK COMPARED WITH MOTHER'S OWN MILK
5. Will standardized approaches to nutrition decrease NEC
6. What is the value of identifying genetic causes of congenital hemolytic jaundice
7. Using the New CBC Parameters in NICU Practice
8. How near are we to using darbepoetin or erythropoietin as neuroprotective agents for perinatal hypoxic/ischemic encephalopathy
9. Of what value to neonates is measuring end tidal carbon monoxide concentration
10. How do we adopt anemia-preventing strategies in our delivery rooms
11. Thrombocytopenia in Infants with Necrotizing Enterocolitis
12. Genetic Risk Factors for Patent Ductus Arteriosus
13. Genetic basis of PDA.
14. GENETIC BASIS OF BRONCHOPULMONARY DYSPLASIA
15. Prenatal genetic testing.
16. Early diagnosis of severe combined immunodeficiency.
17. Newborn Screening
Maheshwari, Akhil Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, Chief, Division of Neonatology, Director, Neonatology Fellowship Program, Director, Center for Neonatology and Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disease, University of Illinois at Chicago; Medical Director, Neonatology Intensive Care Unit and Intermediate Care Nursery, Children's Hospital of University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois.