This edition of the Energy and Power Systems TOE profiles methods to achieve energy efficiency, obtain energy from wind, and solutions for peak saving. Other important innovations covered include, magnesium-based batteries that have high recyclable rates and efficiency, rechargeable proton battery solutions that can be used in the energy storage sector as well as in the hydrogen storage infrastructure, cybersecurity solution for grid and power architecture, and solar thermal concentrators with PV capabilities.
The Energy and Power Systems (EPS) TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides insights on the latest advances in the broad range of technology related to the energy industry. The topics regularly presented range from energy storage technologies (solid state batteries, solar chemical storage and other advanced energy storage devices) to non-renewable energy such as oil and gas. Special emphasis is given to emerging areas in the renewable sector such as photovoltaics, wind energy, and geothermal energy, and emerging alternative fuels such as hydrogen, syngas, ethanol and biofuels. The EPS TOE keeps clients abreast of the latest R&D developments at major corporate and academic research centers, provides competitor intelligence and helps create strategic alliances.
The Energy and Environment cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Table of Contents
Innovations in Wind Energy, Steam Turbines, Grid Security, Solar Thermal-PV, Solar Microgrids, Energy Storage, and Solar Power Generation
- Novel Approach to Produce Energy from Wind
- Combined Steam Turbine System Performs Electrical Peak Shaving Operations
- Gold-based Catalyst for Efficient Energy Conversion
- Design Method for Selection of Enhanced Solid Conductor for Lithium Batteries
- Ganged Heliostats Significantly Reduce Solar Power Generation Cost
- Rechargeable Hydrogen Proton Battery
- Grid Cybersecurity Software for Infiltration
- Magnesium Batteries with Better Recycling Efficiency
- Solutions Combining Solar Thermal and PV
- Remote Community Solar Microgrids
- Industry Contacts