This Oil and Gas TOE profiles innovations related to seismic imaging, reservoir characterization, electromagnetic technology, drilling, and important developments in proppants technology. The TOE also focuses on the use of low frequency shear wave for seismic analysis, enhancements in electromagnetic technology for improved reservoir characterization, and incorporating polycrystalline diamond bits for high penetration drilling.
The Oil and Gas TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on innovations pertaining to technologies, products, and processes, along with strategic insights, in the upstream and downstream processes in the oil and gas industry.
The Energy and Utilities cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Technology Advancements in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Low-frequency Shear Wave Imaging for Enhanced Seismic Analysis
- Advanced Tool for Stochastic-based Reservoir Characterization
- Electromagnetic Technology for Wide-scale Reservoir Characterization
- High Drilling Penetration Using Polycrystalline Diamond Compact Bits
- Reduced Component Swapping Time in High-depth Drilling Operations
- Safer Proppants With Reduced Respirable Silica
- Resin Coated Proppants for Containing Fines
- Remote Cloud Storage for Subsurface Data
- Treated Proppants for Hydraulic Fracturing
- Oil Leakage Detection in Pipeline Using Bacteria-based Sensors