The nickel alloy market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period.
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
- COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the market reached pre-pandemic levels in 2022 and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- The increasing demand from the aerospace industry and expanding oil and gas sector are expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period. On the other hand, the fluctuating prices of nickel and other alloying elements are expected to limit industry expansion.
- Further, technological advancements are expected to generate significant market growth opportunities. The Asia-Pacific region dominates the global market, with the largest consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Nickel Alloys Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Aerospace Sector
- Over the projection period, the aerospace segment is expected to hold considerable market shares for nickel alloys. Nickel alloys are in high demand in the aircraft industry. These alloys are essential in the production of aviation machinery due to their exceptional resistance to high temperatures, pressure, and corrosion.
- The increased demand for nickel alloys in the aerospace industry is anticipated to fuel the market's growth rate. The expanding number of passengers for air travel in emerging countries stimulates the demand for new aircraft, thus, driving market growth.
- According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), in 2021, passenger fare revenue for the US airline industry totaled 86.7 billion dollars, representing an increase of almost 73.7% compared to 2020, supporting the demand for nickel alloys. According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the general aviation fleet in the United States surged to 204,405 aircraft in 2021, fueling the demand for nickel alloys.
- Hence, owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for nickel alloys is expected to increase during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer of nickel alloys and accounts for a healthy share of the global market. Increasing demand for electric vehicles is one of the major factors boosting the demand for nickel alloys in the region.
- The majority of the demand for nickel alloys is from the aerospace and automotive manufacturing segment, fueling the growth in the region. China is a leader in the global electric car market, with a significant increase in sales and production of new electric vehicles in the country.
- According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturing (CAAM), the country's production of new electric vehicles (NEVs) witnessed a year-on-year increase of 96.9% in December 2022. Thus, the expanding electric vehicle market is expected to increase the demand for nickel alloys
- Also, India witnessed a significant increase in the production of passenger vehicles. For instance, according to the latest data published by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the production of passenger vehicles reached 3,650,698 for 2021-2022, representing an increase of 19% compared to 2020-21, supporting the market growth.
- Hence, due to the above-mentioned reasons, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Nickel Alloys Industry OverviewThe nickel alloy market is consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Alloys International, Inc., ATI, VDM Metals, Haynes International, and Sandvik AB, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Aerospace Sector
4.1.2 Rising Popularity of Electric Vehicles
4.2.1 Fluctuating Prices of Nickel and Other Alloying Elements
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.1 Heat-Resistant Nickel Alloys
5.1.2 Corrosion-Resistant Nickel Alloys
5.1.3 Electrical-Resistant Nickel Alloys
5.1.4 Low-Expansion Nickel Alloys
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Electrical and Electronics
5.2.3 Oil and Gas
5.2.4 Chemical Processing
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Alloys International, Inc.
6.4.2 Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
6.4.3 HAYNES INTERNATIONAL
6.4.4 Kennametal Inc.
6.4.6 Sandvik AB
6.4.7 SANYO SPECIAL STEEL Co., Ltd.
6.4.8 thyssenkrupp Materials NA, Inc.
6.4.9 voestalpine Specialty Metals
6.4.11 VDM Metals
6.4.12 Proterial, Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Technological Advancements Are Expected To Generate Significant Market Growth Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Alloys International, Inc.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- HAYNES INTERNATIONAL
- Kennametal Inc.
- Sandvik AB
- SANYO SPECIAL STEEL Co., Ltd.
- thyssenkrupp Materials NA, Inc.
- voestalpine Specialty Metals
- VDM Metals
- Proterial, Ltd.