Rapid Adoption of Advanced Diagnostics
The rapid adoption of the numerous number of innovative IVD methods such as digital PCR, mass spectrophotometry, chromosome analysis, tissue microarrays, next generation sequencing and cell signaling pathway testing are currently driving the growth of the market. In the next-generation sequencing based IVDs, several sequencing-based diagnostic tests and test services have been recently launched, including Althea Diagnostics’ BRAF mutations test, Sequenta’s LymphoSIGHT, and Enzo’s MultiGEN multiplex DNA sequencing.
The other factors also includes increasing incidences of chronic diseases, increasing government healthcare expenditure and consumer's healthcare spending
Opportunities Arising From Increasing Investment in the Sector
The common trend that is being observed here is that the leading players are acquiring the smaller technological companies to produce the companion diagnostic tests; while the pharmaceutical companies, attracted by the opportunities in the IVD market, both are investing and collaborating with diagnostic devices companies to extend their drugs market after major patent expirations. Roche Diagnostics and Abbott Laboratories are an example of the major companies in the market, which focus on achieving the synergy between their diagnostic solutions and pharmaceutical solutions.
The other factors also includes unfavorable reimbursement policies and stringent regulatory framework.
Canada is the gradually becoming the market leader in both the global and North American market. This is due to the advances on the technology forefront and the higher GDP of the nation. This growth is developing the need to analyze, review, and forecast the growth of the in vitro diagnostics market.
The market has been segmented by technique, product, applications and end users. The market segmentation by technique includes clinical chemistry, immunoassays, point of care diagnostics, hematology, molecular diagnostics, coagulation and microbiology.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2016: Thermo Fisher Scientific completed the acquisition of FEI Company.
- August 2016: Thermo Fisher Scientific partnered with Hamilton Bonaduz AG to accelerate automation platforms access for forensic customers.
- September, 2016: Roche announced the launch of its DISCOVERY 5-Plex procedure and reagents for immunohistochemistry (IHC) research applications. It is the first pre-optimized, fully automated multiplex procedure available on the VENTANA DISCOVERY ULTRA2 instrument.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future Canada in vitro diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Product and Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Increasing Incidences of Chronic Diseases
6.1.2 Increasing Government Healthcare Expenditure and Consumer's Healthcare Spending
6.1.3 Rapid Adoption of Point Of Care Testing
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 Unfavorable Reimbursement Policies
6.2.2 Stringent Regulatory Framework
6.4 Key Challenges
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 Segmentation-By Technique
7.1.1 Clinical Chemistry
7.1.3 Point Of Care Diagnostics
7.1.4 Molecular Diagnostics
7.2 By Type of Product
7.2.3 Data Management Systems
7.3 By Applications
7.4 By End User
7.4.2 Hospitals & Laboratories
7.4.3 Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships
8.3 New Products Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
9.2 Johnson & Johnson
9.3 Becton, Dickson And Company
9.4 Danaher Corporation
9.5 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
9.6 Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
9.7 Roche Diagnostics Limited
9.8 Siemens Healthcare
9.9 List Not Exhaustive
10. Future of the Market