Soaring Demand in the Food & Beverages Industry
Industrial enzymes are most widely used in the food & beverages processing industry, and this sector contributes over a quarter of the share in the overall application segment. The innovations in the field of various process technologies and recombinant techniques in the past decade have helped to improve the yields through fermentation, selection of appropriate enzymes, altered specificity, and increased stability. Such techniques have extended the applications of enzymes in the food technology and several other sectors. The food industry companies are continuously involved in developing new dairy products, beverages, and food items for the consumers. With the development of new products in the food & beverage industry, the demand for industrial enzymes is expanding at a positive rate.
Carbohydrases to Dominate the Market
Carbohydrases type is estimated to be the largest share, among all the enzyme types in the global industrial enzyme market, whereas the lipases enzyme type is expected to grow at a fast rate during the forecast period. Amylase is the most common type of carbohydrases, which finds applications in various industrial processes, such as food, fermentation, etc. Carbohydrases are those enzymes which are widely used for the conversion of carbohydrates into simple sugar, which makes it extensively useful for application in the food industry.
North America to Lead the Market
North America accounts for highest growth rate for the use of industrial enzymes in the biofuel production application, owing to the increasing investments and standardizations by the government to increase biofuel use. The United States FDA approves the food additives after considering the factors such as health and safety of the consumers.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018- AB Enzymes opened a new warehousing and distribution center for customers in North America located near Chicago, Illinois.
- January 2018- The BioAg Alliance, Monsanto’s, and Novozymes’ collaboration was established to improve crop harvests through products containing naturally-occurring microbes.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- To understand the impact of end-user applications on the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand the dominating product type in the market
- Countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Diversity in Enzyme Applications and Niche Products
4.1.2 Stringent Environmental Norms Curbing the Use of Chemicals
4.2.1 Restricted Temperature and pH Levels Of Enzymes
4.2.2 Competition for Raw Materials With Other Industries And Price Volatility
4.2.3 Various Regulatory Constraints for Different Markets
4.3.1 New Product Innovation and Expansion of Application Base
4.3.2 Increasing Demand from Industries in Emerging Economies
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Food Processing
184.108.40.206 Dairy Applications
220.127.116.11 Bakery Applications
18.104.22.168 Brewing Applications
5.2.2 Detergents & Cleaners
5.2.6 Leather Processing
5.2.7 Pulp & Paper
5.2.8 Animal Feed
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.4 The Nordic Countries
6.3.5 The Netherlands
6.3.9 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.5 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.5 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 AB Enzymes
8.2 Advanced Enzymes
8.3 Amano Enzyme Inc.
8.4 BASF SE
8.6 BioResource International, Inc.
8.7 Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
8.8 Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
8.10 Connell Bros Company Australasia Pty Ltd
8.11 DIREVO Industrial Biotechnology GmbH
8.15 Maps Enzymes Ltd
8.17 Novus International
8.18 Qingdao Vland Biotech Inc.
8.19 Sunson Industry Group
**Subject to availability on public domain
- AB Enzymes
- Advanced Enzymes
- Amano Enzyme Inc.
- BASF SE
- BioResource International, Inc.
- Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Connell Bros Company Australasia Pty Ltd
- DIREVO Industrial Biotechnology GmbH
- Maps Enzymes Ltd
- Novus International
- Qingdao Vland Biotech Inc.
- Sunson Industry Group