This edition presents the views and insights from three key opinion leaders (KOLs) from North America and Europe on a variety of recent events in the atopic dermatitis (AD) market, including; Vanda Pharmaceuticals’ announcement of results from an 8-week randomised Phase II clinical study of tradipitant as a monotherapy in the treatment of chronic pruritus in patients with atopic dermatitis; Sanofi and Regeneron’s announcement of positive results from the Phase III CAFÉ study of Dupixent (dupilumab) in adults with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis who are inadequately controlled with, or intolerant to the broad immunosuppressant drug cyclosporine A (CSA), or when this treatment is medically inadvisable; and AnaptysBio’s announcement of positive proof-of-concept data for ANB020, its investigational anti-IL-33 monoclonal antibody (mAb), in an ongoing Phase IIa clinical trial in adult patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
- Are KOLs optimistic about tradipitant’s mechanism of action and its potential in the management of chronic pruritus in patients with AD?
- What do KOLs recommend for Phase III studies with tradipitant, and should Vanda Pharmaceuticals include biomarker and gene expression data?
- What impact will tradipitant’s oral formulation have on the product’s attractiveness?
- Are KOLs concerned about the price of tradipitant, and do they believe it can work as a monotherapy?
- Where do KOLs predict that tradipitant will be used in the treatment paradigm; as an adjunctive therapy, as a monotherapy, or in combination with other treatments?
- Do KOLs view the CAFÉ study as a significant step forward, and what impact will it have on the need to use cyclosporine A?
- How do KOLs see the future treatment paradigm of atopic dermatitis evolving as it relates to combination biologic approaches?
- Are KOLs excited about ANB020’s mechanism of action, or does the targeting of IL-33 as a potential treatment strategy for atopic dermatitis have a valid biological rationale?
- What were KOL reactions to the Phase II data for ANB020, and what will KOLs look for from Phase III studies?
- What will be the key drivers of use for ANB020; clinical data, cost or both?