This study provides a 2018 outlook for the South African information and communication technologies (ICT) market. The research scope includes telecommunications, broadcasting, data centres, cloud, IT services, business process management (BPM) services, Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Market trends that are examined include regulations/mandates, macroeconomic trends, technological developments, partnerships, acquisitions, and general trends in the country.
The study explores growth opportunities that will be created by ICT service providers and identifies potential business models. It evaluates ICT service providers’ future focus on infrastructure, technologies, services, and business models, and includes a 2018 growth/market share analysis.
Analysis for 2017 and 2018 includes measurements for fixed-line, mobile, Internet/data, and broadband; 2017-2018 growth rates are provided. Insights about influential start-ups are discussed in detail.
Strategies, a competitive landscape, growth analysis, and future focus are discussed for telecommunications providers (e.g., Telkom, MTN, and Vodacom) and IT service providers (e.g., Dimension Data, IBM, and T-Systems) pertaining to 2017. The base year for the study is 2017, with 2018 as forecast period.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What are the top predictions and leading market trends that will drive the various sectors of the ICT market in 2018? What will be their impacts?
- What is the role of technology startups and their impact? What are the key startups and which major industries will be disrupted by them?
- What are the key growth opportunities and strategic imperatives for current and potential ICT market participants in 2018?
- What is the total ICT market size in 2017? How is the market forecasted to grow in 2018?
- What is the impact of the PESTLE (political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental) framework and trends on market growth?
- What are the key emerging technologies that will disrupt the ICT industry in 2018? How will these technologies impact the ICT industry in 2018?
- What are the potential business models and key Mega Trends that will transform the ICT market in 2018? What will be their impacts?
1. Executive Summary
- Research Background
- Top Predictions for 2018
- Top Trends for 2018
- Research Scope
- Research Aim and Objectives
- Research Aim and Objectives
- 2018 ICT Industry PESTLE Framework-Impact Analysis
- ICT Industry Revenue Snapshot
- Key Technologies Transforming Enterprises
2. Global Economic Outlook 2018
- Top 2017 Economic Trends
- Top 2018 Economic Predictions
- Top 2018 Predictions-Advanced Economies
- Top 2018 Predictions-Emerging Market Economies
- World GDP Growth Snapshot
- World’s 20 Fastest Growing Economies in 2017 and 2018
3. South Africa ICT Industry Outlook for 2018
- Top ICT Industry Predictions for 2018
- ICT Industry Revenue-2017 and 2018
4. South Africa Industry Outlook by Market
- 2018 Market Snapshot-Telecommunications Services
- 2018 Market Snapshot-Broadcasting Services
- 2018 Market Snapshot-Data Center Services
- 2018 Market Snapshot-Cloud Services
- 2018 Market Snapshot-IT Services
- 2018 Market Snapshot-BPM Services
- 2018 Market Snapshot-IoT
- 2018 Market Snapshot-AI
5. 2018 Key Market Trends to Watch
- 2018 Key Market Trends-Telecommunications Services
- 2018 Key Market Trends-Broadcasting Services
- 2018 Key Market Trends-Data Center Services
- 2018 Key Market Trends-Cloud Services
- 2018 Key Market Trends-IT Services
- 2018 Key Market Trends-BPM Services
- 2018 Key Market Trends-IoT
- 2018 Key Market Trends-AI
6. 2018 Emerging Technology Trends
- 2018 Key Market Trends-Emerging Technology
7. Competitive Analysis
- Service Presence Matrix 2017
- Mobile Communications Market Share, 2017 vs. 2018
8. 2018 Potential Business Models
- 2018 Potential Business Models
9. Role of Start-Ups in the ICT Industry
- Key Start-Ups in the ICT Industry
- Role of Start-Ups in the ICT Industry
10. Growth Opportunities and Enterprises to Action
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
11. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
- Impact of Mega Trends on the ICT Industry
12. Key Conclusions
- Key Conclusions for 2018
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits