The human liver models market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% during the forecast period
By type, the liver-on-a-chip segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
Based on type, the market is segmented into liver organoids, liver-on-a-chip, 2D models, animal models, and 3D bioprinting. The liver-on-a-chip segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the simplicity of this model and the ability of on-chip hepatic tissues to maintain metabolic activity and phenotype similar to that of the in vivo environment. Moreover, the majority of the key players, research institutes, and government and non-government organizations are raising funds for the development of innovative liver-based models. In addition, key players operating in this market are entering into partnerships and collaborations with pharmaceutical companies to strengthen their market position. This strategy is enabling market players to evaluate the performance of their livers-on-a-chip offerings in drug development and other pharmaceutical research processes. Such funding initiatives from the government and private investors are expected to provide an impetus to market growth.
The North American human liver models market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
North America is expected to witness the highest growth during 2017 to 2022, owing to well-established pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and increasing government spending. Furthermore, growing initiatives to increase awareness about organoids and growing incidence of NAFLD is expected to boost the market.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type – Tier 1–50%, Tier 2–30% and Tier 3–20%
- By Designation – C-level–30%, Director Level–48%, Others–22%
- By Region – North America–48%, Europe–20%, Asia Pacific–25%, Row–7%
The key players in the global human liver models market are Emulate (US), Ascendance Bio (US), HµREL (US), CN Bio (UK), Organovo (US), and Cyfuse Biomedical (Japan).
- The report analyzes the human liver models market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as type and region. It provides detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of this market and the regulatory analysis impacting market dynamics.
- Reasons to Buy the Report
- The report can help established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below mentioned three strategies.
This report provides insights into the following pointers:
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and product launches in the human liver models market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various human liver models across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the human liver models market
What is the estimated value of the Global Human Liver Models Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Human Liver Models Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Human Liver Models Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Human Liver Models Market?
|No. of Pages||39|
|Forecast Period||2017 - 2022|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD ||$ 1.35 billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD ||$ 2.56 billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||13.7%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||6|
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Dynamics
22.214.171.124 Growing Focus on Developing Alternatives for Animal Testing Models
126.96.36.199 Significant Increase in Research Funding and Venture Capital Investments for the Development of Liver Organoids
188.8.131.52 Growing Initiatives to Increase Awareness About Liver Organoids
184.108.40.206 Increasing Research Activities on Liver Organoids
220.127.116.11 Increasing Prevalence of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
18.104.22.168 Growing Need for the Early Detection of Drug Toxicity to Minimize Financial Losses Due to Late-Stage Drug Failure
22.214.171.124 Issues Related to the Incorporation of Organoids Into Existing Workflows
126.96.36.199 Increasing Focus on Drug Discovery Activities
188.8.131.52 Rising Demand for Liver Transplantation
184.108.40.206 Growing Healthcare Market in the Asia Pacific and Latin America
220.127.116.11 Dearth of Skilled Professionals
3.1.1 Liver Organoids
3.1.3 2D Models
3.1.4 Animal Models
3.1.5 3D Bioprinting
4.2 North America
4.4 Asia Pacific
4.4.4 Rest of Asia Pacific
4.5 Rest of the World
4.6 Author Details
Table 2 Limitations of Existing Cell Model Systems
Table 3 Scientific and Ethical Comparison of Animal Models, Human Embryo Tissues, and Organoid Models
Table 4 Global Human Liver Model Market, By Type, 2015-2022 (USD Million)
Table 5 Liver-On-A-Chip Market, By Region, 2015-2022 (USD Thousand)
Table 6 Animal Models Market, By Region, 2015-2022 (USD Million)
Table 7 3D Bioprinting Market, By Region, 2015-2022 (USD Million)
Figure 2 Number of Registered Clinical Trial Studies (2005–2017)
- Ascendance Bio
- CN Bio
- Cyfuse Biomedical