Attiki and Voreia Ellada contribute 70% of the nation’s GDP and 64% of the total population resides in the regions.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 27.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by other services (26%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (17.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3%, 2.9% and 1.5% respectively in 2018.
- In 2018, infrastructure projects worth €1.5 bn (US$1.8 bn) will commence all over the country, giving the economy a much needed boost
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Greece has declined over the last two years. The country’s worldwide rank declined to 47th in 2016 from 44th in 2014 out of 160 countries.
- The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and France were the highest source of FDI to Greece in 2016.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Greece’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Athens Stock Exchange General Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Net Inflows and Outflows (2013-2016) and Greenfield Investments (2014-2016)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Country (2016) and FDI inflows by Sector (2013-2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuels, Oils and its Products, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Greece 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions