The regions of Bratislava and western Slovakia contributed 59.5% to the country’s GDP and comprised 45.5% of the Slovakia’s population
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 26.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (19.2%) and other services (18.1%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 4.5%, 4.9% and 6.4% respectively in 2018.
- The overall SAX index exhibits an upward trend over the last one year. As of March 29 2018, SAX index stood at 329.5 as compared to 305.38 on March 29, 2017
- Slovakia received majority of FDI in the vehicle manufacturing sector in 2016
- The government of Slovakia aims to invest €4.7 bn(US$6.2 bn) by 2020 in major transport projects such as construction of motorways and expressways, and modernization of railways
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Slovakia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Slovakia SAX Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows and Outflows (2013-2016) and Greenfield Investment (2014-2016)
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 13: Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, % of World Total, 2016
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 16: Public Finance
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 19: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 20: Labor Cost Index
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Gender Split
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 26: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Slovakia 2018
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions