Northern Portugal and the Lisbon region together contribute 65.3% to total GDP and account for 62.1% of the total population
Wholesale, retail and hotels contributed 20.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (18.5%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (17.2%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.4%, 2.4% and 4.2% respectively in 2017.
- The overall PSI20 index exhibits an upward trend over last one year. As of March 14, 2018, PSI20 index stood at 5420 as compared to 4,580.5 on March 14, 2017
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Portugal has deteriorated over the last two years with decline in rank from 26th in 2014 to 36th out of 160 countries in 2016.
- Inward FDI inflows to Portugal slows down in 2016
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Portugal’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Portugal Stock Index- PSI 20
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI inflow and Outflow (2011-2016) and Greenfield investment (2011-2016)
Exhibit 7: Share of FDI stock by country, % of total (2017) and FDI inflow-debt and equity (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
Exhibit 14: Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof, % of world total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Portugal 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions