"Smokeless Tobacco in Belgium, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Belgium tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
The Belgium market for smokeless tobacco is not large, and is comprised of dry/nasal snuff and chewing tobacco. The market is increasingly dominated by the sales of wet snuff, sales of which have increased slightly then stabilized in recent years.
- Smokeless tobacco is a marginal sector and is excluded from this table. The volume of smokeless tobacco is estimated to be at 4 tons per annum.
- The market is increasingly dominated by the sales of wet snuff,sales of which have increased slightly then stabilized in recent years.
- The decline in dry snuff sales since 1990 has been a reflection of the product having an older image, with few adults under 30 using the product.
- Imports are relatively small, and France is the main supplier.
- As of December 2017 smokeless tobacco imported into Belgium faced MFN import duty of 6.5%. Added to this is VAT which is applied at a rate of 21%. For chewing tobacco the rate is lower with a brand such as Skoal attracting a MFN of 1.4% to which VAT is applied. Per capita consumption is also forecast to remain unchanged over the coming decade.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2007 & 2017
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2007-2017
- Market size and structure
- Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2007-2017
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2007-2017
- Smokeless Tobacco: Market Segmentation, Tons, 2007-2017
- Production and trade
- Imports, Tons, 2006-2016
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, volume, %, 2016
- Imports of Smokeless Tobacco by Country of Origin, Volume, Tons, 2006-2016
- Imports of Smokeless Tobacco by Country of Origin, Value, €‘000, 2006-2016
- Exports, Tons, 2006-2016
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, value,%, 2016
- Smokeless Tobacco: Exports by country of Destination (Volume), Tons, 2006-2016
- Exports of Smokeless Tobacco by Country of Destination, Value, €‘000, 2006-2016
- Taxation and retail prices
- Smokeless Tobacco: Sifaco: Retail Prices, 2014
- Smokeless Tobacco: Stubbe Tobacco Trading: Retail Prices, 2018
- Smokeless Tobacco: Domino (Belgium): Retail Prices, 2016
- Manufacturers and brands
- Manufacturer shares
- Operating constraints
- Health Warnings and labelling Requirements
- Prospects and forecasts
- Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2017-2027
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2017-2027