1h Free Analyst TimeCompetitor Profile: Adyen
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Adyen is a global payment company that enables merchants to accept payments from both online and offline channels. Launched in 2006, Adyen offers payment services to 4,500 merchants globally, enabling them to accept payments via 250 local payment methods (including debit and credit cards and alternative payment solutions) in more than 150 currencies.
In addition to e-commerce payment acceptance for individual merchants, Adyen also offers MarketPay, a specialized product for online platforms and marketplaces. This service enables marketplaces to manage the entire payment process, from the onboarding of individual merchants to the final settlement of payments.
For offline payments, Adyen offers an array of traditional point of sale (POS) and mobile point of sale (mPOS) terminals to merchants in collaboration with Verifone. Adyen provides an end-to-end solution that connects merchants directly to all major and local card schemes and alternative payment methods. This way Adyen optimizes the process by acting as gateway, processor, and acquirer, eliminating the need to connect with multiple third parties in the payment process.
The report provides information and insights into Adyen including -
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key competitors
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
- In 2006, Adyen was founded.
- Adyen offers POS and mPOS terminals to merchants in collaboration with Verifone.
- In June 2017, Adyen received a pan-European banking license.
- In July 2019, Adyen added Interac Debit on Mobile as in-app and in-browser payment method, enabling Canadian merchants to accept Interac Debit payments via Google Pay and Apple Pay.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into Adyen's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
- Competitor Analysis of Regional and Global Acquirers
- Performance Highlights
- Revenue Model
- Value Chain
- Products & Services
- Significant Events
- Merchant Base
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Apple Pay
- WeChat Pay
- Google Pay
- American Express
- Diners Club
- China UnionPay
- Oracle Retail