Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 21.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (17.3%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (14.6%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 1.4%, 3.8% and 4.2% respectively in 2018.
Upper Austria, Lower Austria and Wien contributed 58.0% to the country’s GDP and comprised 57.0% of the Austria’s population.
- The overall ATX index exhibits an upward trend over the last one year. As of March 2, 2018, ATX index stood at 3,388.6 as compared to 2,812.5 on March 2, 2017
- Three fourth of the overall FDI inflows in Austria were from the other European nations in 2016
- The federal government of Austria envisages investing €15.2 bn (US$16.2 bn) on the development of the railway network of the country over the next five year (2017-2022).
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
Exhibit 1: Austria’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: ATX Stock Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2012-2016), FDI Share by Industry (2016), FDI Trend by Industry (2012-2016)
Exhibit 7: FDI Share by Region (2016) and FDI Trend by Country (2012-2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors, Boilers, Machinery and Mechanical Appliances; Parts thereof, % of World Total, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Austria 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions