What is Aircraft Lighting Systems?
Aircrafts are equipped with a variety of lights that are used for safety, navigation and to improve visibility during takeoff or when taxiing on the ground. The external lights on aircraft are categorized into two types. A first type includes takeoff and landing lights that are used to improve visibility when the plane is close to or on the ground. The second is navigation lights or beacons that are always illuminated while the aircraft is in operation.
The aircraft lighting system aids two key applications, dedicated exterior light sources and lightens the interior of the aircraft. Exterior light systems are responsible for illumination at night for navigation and flying purposes. While on the other hand, interior lighting systems delivers illumination and lighting for equipment, instruments, main passenger cabins and cargo. In addition, there are few lighting systems utilized extensively for indicating normal operation or a malfunction in the electrical, electronic and mechanical systems.
What are the major applications for Global Aircraft Lighting Systems?
The major applications of Aircraft Lighting Systems include both Interior and Exterior Lighting Systems. Interior Lighting system includes, Cockpit lighting (Radio navigation system lighting, Fuel Panels lighting, Engine indication lighting, Compass lighting and others), Cabin Lighting (Reading Lights, Lavatory Lighting, Signage Lighting and others), Emergency Lighting and others.
Exterior Lighting system includes, Aircraft Visibility Lighting (Navigation Lights, Beacon/Anti- Collision Lights, Strobe lights) Pilot Visibility Lighting (Runway Turnoff Lights, Landing Lights, Wing Inspection Lights, Taxi Lights) Specific Purpose Lighting (Formation Lights, Search Lights and Logo Lights), Exit Marking Signs and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Aircraft Lighting Systems Market
- One of the major players in Aircraft Lighting System, Astronics Corporation have mastered in emergency lighting system. The Escape Slide Lighting System and associated BAS Power Units is an emergency lighting system that provides illumination and directional guidance for passengers. The BAS Power Unit provides power to the lighting assemblies after the switch pin is automatically pulled during raft deployment.
- Honeywell is a complete service provider dedicated to technological leadership, design efficiency and engineering excellence. With the capability to provide comprehensive lighting solutions for any lighting position on any airframe, the company offers a complete set of aircraft lighting products based upon Light emitting diode (LED) and other technologies. LED lighting technology offers improved reliability, longer life and simple installation. This keeps aircrafts flying with less maintenance, resulting in fewer delays in flight operations and lower operating costs.
- In developing mood lighting system, Diehl Aerospace uses the full range of technological innovations to match the ever increasing comfort needs of demanding passengers. In contrast to conventional cabin lighting, the completely new lighting system from the company allows a constantly dimmable light. With colorful accents and programmed scenarios, it is possible to create smooth atmosphere for passengers and very pleasant change between the individual lighting phases. The mood lighting system changes the light slowly and fluently when switching between two phases of flight, both in color and in intensity, instead of hard on and off. By adjusting the lighting during the flight to an artificially shortened course of the day, the biorhythm of the passengers can be gently adjusted to the time of day at the destination. The passenger experiences a completely new feeling of flight.
Who are the Major Players in Aircraft Lighting Systems market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Honeywell International Inc., Goodrich Corporation, Astronics Corporation, Zodiac Aerospace, Soderberg Manufacturing Company Inc., STG Aerospace Limited, Aveo Engineering Group SRO and more than 20 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Table of Contents
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.2. Commercial Aircraft
6.3.3. Military Aircraft
6.3.4. Cargo Aircraft
8.2. Cockpit Lighting
8.2.1. Radio Navigation System Lighting
8.2.2. Compass Lighting
8.2.3. Fuel Panel Lighting
8.2.4. Engine Indication Lighting
8.2.5. Instrument Panel Lighting
8.2.6. LGP Lighting
8.2.7. Flood Lighting
8.2.8. Thunderstorm Light
8.2.9. Pilot Reading Light
8.2.10. Multi-Function Lighting
8.2.11. Emergency Lighting
8.3. Cabin Lighting
8.3.1. Floor/Wall/Ceiling Lighting
8.3.2. Reading Lights
8.3.3. Lavatory Lighting
8.3.4. Signage Lighting
8.3.5. Emergency Lighting
8.3.6. Galley and Crew Lighting
8.3.7. Specialty Lighting
9.2. Aircraft Visibility Lighting
9.2.1. Position Light
9.2.2. Anti-Collision Light
9.2.3. Strobe Lights
9.2.4. Pulsing Light
9.2.5. Forward Flood Light
9.3. Pilot Visibility Lighting
9.3.1. Taxi Light
9.3.2. Runway Turn off Light
9.3.3. Landing Light
9.3.4. Wing Inspection Light
9.4. Specific Purpose Lighting
9.4.1. Logo Lights
9.4.2. Search Lights
9.4.3. Formation Lights
9.4.4. Ice Detection Probe Lights
9.5. Exit Marking Signs
9.6. Exterior Emergency Lighting
10.2. Wheel Wells
10.3. Equipment Bays
10.4. Fueling Panels
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of North America
11.3. Aircraft Lighting Systems - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Costa Rica
184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
11.5. Aircraft Lighting Systems - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
11.7. Aircraft Lighting Systems – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. South Korea
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13.2. Goodrich Corporation
13.3. Astronics Corporation
13.4. Zodiac Aerospace
13.5. Soderberg Manufacturing Company Inc.
13.6. STG Aerospace Limited
13.7. Aveo Engineering Group SRO
13.8. Honeywell International Inc
15.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
15.1.2. Industry Databases
15.1.4. Company News
15.1.5. Company Annual Reports
15.1.6. Application Trends
15.1.7. New Products and Product database
15.1.8. Company Transcripts
15.1.9. R&D Trends
15.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
15.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends