"Botswana: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Botswana’s telecom services market will grow from $373m in 2017 to an estimated $444m by the end of 2022 at a CAGR of 3.6% over 2017-2022 driven by projected growth in mobile data and fixed broadband. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 11.7% over 2017-2022, reaching $230m by 2022 driven by the expansion of mobile broadband and adoption of 4G services across the country. Going forward, Botswana’s fixed market will be driven by broadband service revenue, which will increase at a CAGR of 16.9% to reach $71m by 2022 supported by operator expanding ADSL and fiber-optic network coverage.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Botswana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Botswana will grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 80% of the total telecom service revenue in 2022, driven by the expansion of mobile broadband and adoption of 4G services across the country.
- Mascom Botswana leads Botswana’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Orange Botswana and BTC. All the operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, particularly in fast-growing 3G and 4G market, and competitively priced offers to strengthen their market position.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Botswana’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Botswana’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Botswana’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Botswana.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Orange Botswana
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage