"El Salvador: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in El Salvador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in El Salvador reached $1.1bn in 2017, up 2.8% from the 2016 level. The author expects total service revenue to increase at a CAGR of 2.8%, reaching US$1.3bn by end of 2022 driven by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV revenues.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in El Salvador.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- In March 2018, El Salvador telecommunications watchdog SIGET announced the launch of a public consultation on its long-delayed proposal to award a total of 140MHz of spectrum in the 1900MHz and 1700MHz/2100MHz (AWS) bands.
- Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 18.1% over 2017-2022 to reach $440.4m by year-end 2022, driven by rising smartphones penetration, expansion of LTE networks, rising adoption of 4G services and subsequent increase in mobile data ARPU.
- 4G subscriptions will grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period to account for 23.3% of total subscriptions by 2022.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of El Salvador's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the author’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in El Salvador's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in El Salvador's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, investors, regulators and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in El Salvador.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Claro El Salvador
- Tigo El Salvador
- Movistar Salvador
- Digicel El Salvador
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology