Mobile Broadband Trends in Europe, a new Telecom Insider Report by the publisher, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Europe. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends in the region.
In Europe, handsets will remain the largest contributor to revenue over 2020-2025. M2M/IoT subscriptions will record the fastest growth over 2020-2025, driven by significant opportunities coming from use cases and solutions tailored to different vertical industries including asset tracking, telematics, telehealth, and digital signage. Operators will continue to focus on 5G network launches and coverage expansion. 5G will provide several opportunities for telcos, such as monetizing premium speeds, larger data plans bundled with video and eGaming content, as well as a multitude of other opportunities in the B2B segment.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Europe in a global context; the section provides a comparison of Europe's mobile telecom market size and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Competitive dynamics; this section provides competitive analysis of various MNOs and MVNOs in Europe's mobile market.
- Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends; a demand profile and analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts for mobile data markets in Europe.
- Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends; examines changes in the breakdown of Europe's overall revenue and ARPU over 2020-2025. - Section 5: Key findings and recommendations; consists of a summary of the key findings for Europe's mobile broadband market.
- Data services revenue will account for 57.9% of total mobile service revenue generated in 2020.
- MVNOs will register 88.9 million subscriptions in 2020, accounting for 7.0% of total mobile subscriptions.
- 5G connections will witness robust growth to reach 441 million by 2025.
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Europe’s mobile telecommunications markets trends in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Europe’s mobile communications markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Europe.
Table of Contents
Europe’s mobile broadband markets
- Key takeaways
- Europe highlights
Section 1: Europe in a global context
- Europe’s main facts 2020
- Europe’s demographics at a glance
- Europe in a global context
Section 2: Competitive dynamics
- Competitive dynamics in Europe
- Europe’s main competitive market trends
- Competitive dynamics in Europe
Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends
- Mobile user trends in Europe
- Mobile technology trends in Europe
- Mobile device trends in Europe
- M2M/IoT trends in Europe
- Mobile traffic trends in Europe
Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends
- Mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) trends in Europe
- Mobile revenue trends in Europe
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
- Key findings and recommendations
- Acronyms and definitions
- Companies mentioned
- Related research
- Contact information
List of Figures
- Population, 2020 2025 (millions
- Nominal GDP, 2020 2025 (US $ trillion
- Real GDP growth, 2014 2020
- User penetration, 2020 (% of population)
- Subscription penetration, 2020 (% of population)
- Prepaid subscriptions as a % of total subscriptions
- Monthly ARPU, 2020 (US$)
- Data as a share of total ARPU, 2020 (% of ARPU)
- Monthly voice MOU, 2020 (minutes/month)
- Major competitive changes, 2016 2020
- MVNO subscriptions and share of total mobile subscriptions in Europe, 2019 2025
- Top five markets in terms of MVNO market share in Europe, 2020
- Mobile user penetration vs. PPP adjusted GDP per capita, 2020
- Mobile users, Europe, 2020 2025 (millions
- Mobile subscriptions and penetration in Europe, 2020 2025
- Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2020 2025
- Top five markets in terms of 5G subscriptions as a % of total subscriptions, 2025
- Mobile subscriptions by device type, 2020 2025 b illions
- Net additions by device type, 2020 VS. 2025 (millions)
- Mobile handset subscriptions by type, 2020 2025 (millions)
- SFR’s smartphone offers in France, 2020
- M2M/ IoT subscriptions and revenue, 2020 2025
- M2M/ IoT solutions offered by Vodafone
- Total mobile data traffic, 2020 vs . 2025
- Vodafone Maxi unlimited mobile plans , 2020
- Mobile ARPU in Europe (USD), 2020 vs. 2025
- Cost of 1GB of data as % of the total monthly PPP adjusted GDP per capita, 2020 (USD)
- Mobile service revenue by device type, 2020 vs. 2025
- Fastest growing markets in terms of mobile service revenue; CAGR 2020 2025
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Com Hem
- Deutsche Telekom
- Megenta Telekom
- Mobile Polska
- Telefonica Deutschland
- Telia Company
- United Group
- United Internet
- Virgin Media