Energy Bars are the supplement bars composed of cereals and high energy-providing nutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and other ingredients, which provide instant energy to the body. Energy bar market includes sports nutrition bars and snack bars designated to meet both daily and sports nutrition needs. Growing demand for functional food, indulgence, meal replacement, on-the-go snacking are various factors fueled the Energy Bar market growth.
Healthy Snacking & Convenient Pack Driving Sales
Consumers are always on move due to busy lifestyle, which created a demand for convenient on-the-go breakfast option. Consumers tend to buy snack in smaller portion size on multiple occasion, which offer potential opportunity for energy bar packaging market. The penetration of energy bar is higher between the age group of 18-50 years rather than those aged 50 or older. Increased concentration of gym going population to maintain health & fitness and more diverse population are demanding nutrition bar. About 30% of the US consumer finds it difficult to prepare healthy meal/breakfast. Consumers are increasingly going health conscious when it comes to bite in between meals. Featuring healthy benefit with convenience and nutritional component while on-the-go snacking fueled the nutrition bar market. Health & Wellness is the key trend driving dietary snack bar consumption pattern. High in energy and fiber content with clean label claim offers potential growth opportunity owing increased consumer concern for natural ingredients.
Rising Demand for Clean Label & Organic in US
Clean label and free-from products leading the way in US which is growing at a faster pace in energy bar market. Energy Bar market size in US grew from USD 2.8 billion in 2014 to over USD 3 billion in 2018. The total snack, nutrition, and energy bar sale in US valued at USD 6.2 billion in 2014, rose 30% from 2009-2014. Natural and organic claim product launch grew 45% in 2016 from previous year in the US. Increased consumer demand for nutritious product and rising clean label claims on product accelerated the market growth in the region. Product launch with various label claims, such as “no artificial additive”, “high or added fiber”, and “reduced sugar” achieved strong growth in the past five years. Expensive brands offering product composed of natural and organic ingredient is expected to increase sales.
Feb 2018 - Alterra Mountain Company and Clif Bar announced a three-year strategic partnership. The new partnership named Clif Bar as the official energy bar of 11 location. The former company operates recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food & beverage, and retail businesses
The North America Energy Bar market is competitive with large number of existing multinational players. Innovative product launch and clean label ingredients are the various strategy adopted by these players. Private label brands provides tough competition to the existing players with their flavored product offerings.
Major players include - NESTLÉ S.A, NATURE'S BOUNTY CO., KELLOGG NA CO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC, GENERAL MILLS, INC., CLIF BAR & COMPANY, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Market value (USD Million) and volume (Kg Million) data for each segment and sub segment
- Distribution Channel sales Analysis by Value
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new product launch and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Market
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
3.2 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 Innovation in Packaging and Flavor
22.214.171.124 Rising Demand for Clean-label Products
126.96.36.199 Increased Demand for On-the-go Snacking
188.8.131.52 Health Concern Related to High Sugar Content
184.108.40.206 Increased Competition from Cereal Bar
3.2.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Buyers
22.214.171.124 Threat of New Entrants
126.96.36.199 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
188.8.131.52 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Distribution Channel
4.1.1 Convenience Stores
4.1.2 Specialist Retailers
4.1.3 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
4.1.4 Vending machines
4.1.5 Online Retail
4.1.6 Variety Stores
4.1.7 Other Distribution Channel
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.3 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6. List of Company Profiles
6.2 Products & Services
6.4 Key Developments
6.5 Strategies Adopted
6.6 SWOT Analysis of Major Five Players
7. Companies Covered
7.1 General Mills, Inc.
7.2 The Kellogg Company
7.3 QuestNutrition LLC
7.4 Probar LLC
7.5 Nutrition, Inc. (Pureprotein)
7.6 Clif Bar & Company
7.7 The Gatorade Company
7.8 PowerBar, Inc.
7.9 Abbott Nutrition Manufacturing Inc
7.10 Hormel Foods Corporation
7.11 Glaxosmithkline Plc
7.12 Nature's bounty Co.
LIST OF TABLES
1: Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Country, North America, 2015-2023
2. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, North America, 2015-2023
3. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, US, 2015-2024
4. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, Canada, 2015-2025
5. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, Mexico, 2015-2026
6. Energy Bar Market: Volume in million Kg, by Country, North America, 2015-2023
- General Mills Inc.
- The Kellogg Company
- QuestNutrition LLC
- Probar LLC
- Nutrition Inc. (Pureprotein)
- Clif Bar & Company
- The Gatorade Company
- PowerBar Inc.
- Abbott Nutrition Manufacturing Inc
- Hormel Foods Corporation
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Nature's bounty Co.