In the connected world of today, maintaining strong and consistent Wi-Fi connections is integral to both personal and professional lives. The Wi-Fi range extender market serves this critical need, reflecting strong growth propelled by the worldwide rise in internet access and consumer electronics devices, especially within the residential sector.
These extenders offer ease of installation and cost benefits, particularly as compared to adding another Wi-Fi router, making them an attractive option for both commercial and residential sectors. The swift progression of smart homes and the smart home ecosystem are further reinforcing this trend as the demand for wireless routers increases. This demand is stoked by consumer preference towards smart devices, such as smart TVs and tablets, contributing significantly to market growth. Similarly, the emergence of the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend in the corporate sector has stimulated the use of wireless routers in commercial spaces.
The market also benefits from growing awareness and understanding of technological advancements, with the demand for industry-specific testing services, fast-changing trends, and customer preferences driving the market further. It should be noted, however, that the rising cybersecurity concerns may hamper market growth. Yet, with the surge in demand for Wi-Fi connectivity, the market for Wi-Fi range extenders remains poised for expansion.
- The ease of installation and cost benefits associated with the purchase of an extender compared to adding another Wi-Fi router, essentially performing the same function of extending the Wi-Fi coverage, is a significant advantage that plays a vital role in increasing the sales of the Wi-Fi range extenders, mainly in the commercial and residential sectors.
- The rapid growth of connected homes and the emergence of the smart home ecosystem are other factors expected to boost the market's growth. Additionally, the demand for wireless routers is rising from the growing consumer preference toward installing smart devices in the homes, such as smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets, among many other appliances.
- The emergence of the BYOD trend in the corporate sector has further propelled the use of wireless routers in the commercial space. The rapid growth and development of the consumer electronics, safety, and security industries have developed a pattern that is creating new economic opportunities. As a result, the global market for Wi-Fi range extenders is expanding. Growing knowledge of different technological breakthroughs significantly boosts market demand for Wi-Fi range extenders. Customization, industry-specific testing services, fast-changing trends, and customer preferences drive the market demand for Wi-Fi range extenders.
- Moreover, the growing cybersecurity concerns with the inclusion of smart devices are analyzed to hamper the market growth during the forecast period. Wi-Fi can be attacked by default or weak SSIDs or passwords and insecure encryption techniques. The attacker can easily access the router using the default credentials. Strong Wi-Fi passwords make hackers search for more challenging entry points to the network. The most typical methods used by hackers to access networks are sniffing and encryption breaking. Therefore, the growing cybersecurity concerns are analyzed to restrain the market studied during the forecast period.
- Employees have also been witnessed accessing the company network using personal Wi-Fi internet connections. This unexpected interruption caused by the COVID-19 epidemic increased the adoption of the Wi-Fi range extender to keep companies and key operations running. Furthermore, various sectors throughout the globe recovered from the COVID-19 epidemic by participating in bandwidth-hungry applications, including voice, video, and IoT devices. As a result, as demand for Wi-Fi grows, wireless networks become oversubscribed, forcing associated IT teams to limit application performance. With the increased use of connected devices for smart homes and smart cities, the market is growing rapidly post-pandemic.
Wi-Fi Range Extender Market Trends
Proliferation of Smart Cities and Smart Homes Drives the Market Growth
- The proliferation of the connected homes concept and the advent of the smart home ecosystem are other factors expected to augment the market's growth. Moreover, wireless routers targeted at businesses have improved tremendously over the past few years. The best models offer dual or triple-band connectivity and many other features, usually in far more expensive enterprise-grade models. However, the range of routers has always been a major challenge for large office spaces, and the evolution of extenders and repeaters has shown promise to provide a viable solution.
- In the coming years, smart cities are projected to fuel the global Wi-Fi range extender market's development potential. Similarly, this increased interest in open Wi-Fi networks from many purchasers, including healthcare, waste and water management, infrastructure management, educational access, and safety and security. Furthermore, as the need for open Wi-Fi systems increases, more Wi-Fi switches would be deployed in public locations, boosting the demand for Wi-Fi switches with a broader zone scope and faster Internet speeds.
- Smart cities and smart homes are growing tremendously and transforming modern life. A smart home is a residence that has installed smart products/devices, such as smart security systems, smart entertainment systems, air conditioners, smart televisions, and many more devices. With the rapid increase in the sales of smart home devices, the Wi-Fi range extender market is poised to grow further.
- Smart products/devices used in smart homes/offices must be connected to the internet to work seamlessly and, thus, require Wi-Fi range extenders for an increased range of a normal Wi-Fi router. The overall demand for smart products is poised to increase owing to technological innovations, consumer interest, and greater accessibility.
- A smart city consists of smart systems, like smart traffic systems, smart buildings, smart water management, smart waste management, and a couple of IoT devices, among others, which need an internet connection to provide useful data to keep track of the resources. This is expected to boost the market studied.
- The increasing adoption of IoT devices is augmenting the growth of Wi-Fi range extenders. According to Apatative, The global 5G Internet of Things (IoT) endpoint market is expected to develop rapidly, from 0.4 million units in 2020 to 19.1 million units in the current year. The 5G IoT installed base is expected to reach 49 million by the end of the current year. The advent of IoT and changing consumer preferences towards purchasing various gadgets and wearables capable of operating and performing various functions with internet connectivity is also set to propel the wireless routers' growth and associated markets over the forecast period. The demand for the internet among various households has been increasing with the growth in connected devices.
North America to Hold the Largest Market Share
- North American region is a pioneer in the Wi-Fi range extender market and is expected to hold the largest share. Moreover, the region has a strong foothold of vendors like Netgear Inc.
- The major factor contributing to the growth of the Wi-Fi extender market is the rising utilization of wireless services among numerous end users. The Wi-Fi extender is majorly used in the region, owing to the large number of residential users adopting connected device technology. Most companies test and launch their products and services in the region before the global launch and deployment of the product.
- Further, the growth of network-connected devices, systems, and services using the Internet of Things (IoT) creates enormous opportunities and benefits. Moreover, US consumers are increasingly using IoT devices for various applications.
- Also, with the rising number of consumers embracing the smart home environment in the United States, IoT is further expanding across the North American region. Many smart homes have already been connected to North America.
- The growing acceptance of IoT in the region is also significantly driving the studied market. Furthermore, devices such as IoT-enabled medical wearable temperature sensors to remotely transmit data to a central monitoring system are already in deployment mode. Medical staff is signaled based on trends and thresholds, identifying the patient and room, and can respond accordingly.
Wi-Fi Range Extender Industry OverviewThe Wi-Fi Range Extender Market is highly fragmented with the presence of major players like D-Link Corporation, Linksys Group Inc., TRENDnet, Inc., Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co., Ltd., and Cisco Systems Inc. Players in the market are adopting strategies such as partnerships and acquisitions to enhance their product offerings and gain sustainable competitive advantage.
- In June 2022, The Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co., Ltd launched MX6-3 AX1800 a whole-home mesh Wi-Fi 6 system designed for larger households. It is an expandable mesh network that covers multiple Wi-Fi points and seamlessly fills up an area of 6000 square feet. Each node of MX6 automatically connects to each other, creating a distributed network throughout the home. Users can easily expand the Wi-Fi network just by simply adding more nodes. All nodes feature gigabit ports - that get the most out of the high-speed broadband service and ensure smooth streaming of 4K videos.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Technology Snapshot
4.5 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5.1.1 Proliferation of Smart Cities and Smart Homes
5.1.2 Adoption of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD)
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Costs of Installation
5.2.2 Security and Privacy Concerns
6.1.1 Indoor Wi-Fi
6.1.2 Outdoor Wi-Fi
6.2 By Product
6.2.1 Extenders and Repeaters
6.2.2 Access Points
6.3 By End User
6.3.4 Other End-user Verticals
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7.1.1 D-Link Corporation
7.1.2 Linksys Group Inc.
7.1.3 TRENDnet, Inc.
7.1.4 Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co.,Ltd.
7.1.5 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.6 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.7 NETGEAR Inc.
7.1.8 Aruba Networks (Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP)
7.1.9 TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.10 Juniper Networks Inc.
7.1.11 Ruckus Wireless Inc.
7.1.12 Motorola Solutions Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- D-Link Corporation
- Linksys Group Inc.
- TRENDnet, Inc.
- Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co.,Ltd.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- NETGEAR Inc.
- Aruba Networks (Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP)
- TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd
- Juniper Networks Inc.
- Ruckus Wireless Inc.
- Motorola Solutions Inc.