Developments in the technology of sensors and actuators have enabled the production of miniaturized products, which can be integrated without significantly increasing the weight of military uniforms or other similar products. Nanotechnology is expected to play a major role in the development of the new generation of the army uniforms and equipment. Governments across the world are focusing on equipping their soldiers with the latest firearms, including sophisticated military clothing that enhances the soldiers' performance during combat operations.
In April 2016, the University of Massachusetts and Institute for Soldier Nanotechnology were granted USD 75 million by the US Department of Defense, for the development of smart textiles. Additional funds amounting to a total of USD 242 million were provided by the participating states and private organizations, as a partnership in developing advanced functional fibers. Indian Army, the second largest in the world, requires 18.6 million modular bullet-proof jackets and is open for tenders for 10 years. The budget allocated for this procurement is about USD 150 million, with provisions for a vest modernization program. This offers a great opportunity for military textile vendors to explore and produce in-house capabilities and products for soldiers, thus driving the military smart textiles market.
Key Developments in the Market
- July 2017: MSA Safety Incorporated completed the acquisition of Globe Manufacturing Company, a firefighter turnout gear manufacturer.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The report analyses how the increasing military spending by various countries is anticipated to impact the global smart textiles for military market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The textile type that is expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Miniaturized Electronic components
5.2.1 inadequate standards nd Regulaions
5.3.1 Development of Key Enabling Technologies
6. Smart textiles for military market, segmented by application
6.2 energy harvest
6.5 projectiona and mobility
7. Smart textiles for military market, segmented by type
7.1 Active smart
7.2 apssive smart
7.3 ultra smart
8. Smart textiles for military market, segmented by geography
8.1 North America
8.2.6 Rest of Europe
8.3.4 South Korea
8.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 South America
8.5 Africa & Middle-East
8.5.1 Saudi Arabia
8.5.3 South Africa
8.5.5 Rest of Africa & Middle-East
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Structure & Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.1 globe manufacturing company
10.2 BAE systems
10.3 Intelligent textiles limited
10.5 Lockheed martin Corp.
10.6 Gentherm Inc.
10.7 Schoeller Technologies Inc.
10.8 Texas Instruments Inc.
10.9 El DuPont de nemours and co.
10.10 Miliken and Company
10.11 ohmatex Aps (Denmark)
10.12 outlast technologies LLC
10.13 Koniklijke Ten cate NV
10.14 Noble Biomaterials Inc.
11. Future Outlook of the Market