Growth in IP traffic, transition towards cloud for data storage are a few factors driving the growth of the market, where as security and privacy concerns are inhibiting its growth rate. Moreover, with the growing smart homes market, residential routers market is bound to increase.
Increasing Demand of Connected Devices
Over the past few years, a significant increase in demand of connected devices, such as smart phones, smart watches, and tablets was seen. As these devices need to be connected to the internet for most of its functions, the residential routers market is bound to increase. Moreover, in smart homes every device will require an internet connection to work properly. In future, the demand for connectivity in homes will only increase, thus, boosting router market. Increasing digitalization will also provide aid to the market as digitalization concept will not be successful without the internet and to connect all devices to the internet, router is a must.
Asia Pacific to Register the Highest Growth Rate
Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecasted period. The region has high population density with increasing disposable income of the people. Emerging economies, such as India and China are expected to drive the market in the region. The purchasing power of the people living in these countries have increased over the past few years. Moreover, with the upcoming of smart cities and smart homes in these countries, the market of residential routers is all set to increase.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - D-Link launched AC1750 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi router for HD streaming, gaming and multiple device usage
- January 2018 - Netgear introduced Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi Router and SX10 10G/Multi-Gig LAN Switch. The new NETGEAR Pro Gaming products will provide increased speed, performance, personalization and control. The D-Link AC1750 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router supports up to three data streams with MU-MIMO Technology, which allows multiple devices to receive high bandwidth Wi-Fi signals at the same time
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To know, how various factors are driving the market with respect to the global market scenario
- To analyze various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To know, which of the regions is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- To identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increasing Internet Penetration
4.2.2 Increasing Demand of Connected Devices
4.2.3 Growing Smart Homes Market
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Security and Privacy Concern
4.3.2 High Initial Costs
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Residential Routers Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type of Connectivity
5.2 By Type of Port
5.2.2 Fast Ethernet
5.3 By Type of Wi-Fi Band
5.3.1 Single Band
5.3.2 Dual Band
5.3.3 Tri Band
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
5.4.5 Latin America
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Netgear Inc.
6.2 D-Link Corporation
6.3 TP-Link Technologies Co, Ltd
6.4 Linksys Group
6.5 TRENDnet, Inc
6.6 Synology Inc.
6.7 AsusTek Computer Inc.
6.8 Google Inc.
6.9 Nokia Networks
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future Outlook of Residential Routers Market