The Need for Secure Information Sharing Driving the Demand
Quantum cryptography utilizes the concept of physics, as against that of mathematics, which is used for other cryptographies. It helps make quantum cryptography practically impossible to hack, without the knowledge of the actual party the message was meant for. This special feature makes the technique apt for business and segments, where the information being shared is critical for operations. With the present-day technologies, information sharing has some limitations, as it can be carried without any distortions and noise, for approximately 60 km. This limitation is a blessing in disguise for businesses like BFSI, where a head branch has to communicate with its peers, subordinates, and clients within this radius. It suits both intra- and inter-organization communication. The security feature is a pre-requisite in transactions between the parties involved.
North America Accounts for the Largest Share
North America has been a pioneer in the adoption of innovations, given its position as an incubator of new technology, with offices of all major MNCs in the country. The early adoption of technology has provided the country edge over the other regions. The major research companies in the market studied are based in the US, making it easier for service providers to offer their services. The presence of basic infrastructure and supporting facilities, such as fiber optic network, communication channel, and availability of quantum and cloud computing machines, etc., augment the demand. The market studied is expected to follow a similar trend in this region, during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Quintessence Labs announced the availability of a PCIe version of its qStream quantum random number generator (QRNG), the qStream 100P, which delivers 100% entropy at 1 Gb/s, solving the strength and speed issues of pseudo-random cryptographic applications.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The current and future outlook of quantum cryptography market in BFSI.
- The performance of various segments of the market.
- Analyzing different perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segments and sub-segments that are expected to dominate the market.
- The regions expected to witness expedited growth during the forecast period.
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Privacy and Security in Transaction Channels between Two Parties
4.1.2 Adoption of Quantum Computing Devices and Processors in Niche Markets
4.1.3 Evolution and Implementation of Quantum Cloud Computing
4.2.1 Lack of Awareness about the Technology in Commercial Domains
4.2.2 Limited Transmission Reach of Information (Currently 60 km over Fiber Optics)
5. Global Quantum Cryptography Market in BFSI Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Software & Services
5.2 By Platform
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Anhui Qasky Science and Technology Limited Liability Company
6.2 D-Wave Systems Inc.
6.3 Hamamatsu Photonics
6.4 IBM Research
6.5 ID Quantique
6.5.1 MagiQ Technologies
6.6 Microsoft Research
6.7 QCWare (Develops Platforms for Cloud-based Quantum Computing)
6.8 QuantumCTek Co. Ltd
6.10 Quintessence Labs
6.11 Qutools GmbH
*List not exhaustive
6.13 Investment Analysis
7. Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.1 Investor Outlook
- Anhui Qasky Science and Technology Limited Liability Company
- D-Wave Systems Inc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics
- IBM Research
- ID Quantique
- MagiQ Technologies
- Microsoft Research
- QCWare (develops platforms for cloud-based quantum computing)
- QuantumCTek Co. Ltd
- Quintessence Labs
- Qutools GmbH