The scope of the report includes insights about several products offered by major players. The end-user segment includes consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunication, and industrial applications. The regions included in this study are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
The rising demand for smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices, worldwide, is impacting the programmable ASIC demand in the communications segment. The increased pace of new product development, declining cost per function of ICs, and their increasing functionality, and shortened product replacement cycles are some of the other factors influencing the market growth.
Increasing Demand from Consumer Electronics to Play a Key Role
Traditionally, the consumer electronics market constantly demands higher power dissipation, faster speeds, and higher pin counts, along with smaller footprints and lower profiles. The miniaturization and integration of semiconductors have given rise to smaller, lighter, and more portable devices, like tablets, smartphones, and the emerging IoT devices. Each iteration of the consumer electronics product is becoming smarter, lighter, and more energy-efficient than its predecessors. With this level of technology, consumers are now tending toward more reliable gadgets that could stand minor mishaps, which take place in day-to-day activities.
Asia-Pacific to Occupy Significant Market Share
The presence of major semiconductor companies, such as Infineon technologies and other such companies, along with the presence of major consumer electronics players, such as Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics, and Toyota Motor, is influencing the market growth during the forecast period. The growing demand for consumer electronics will continue to positively impact the demand for programmable ASIC in Asia-Pacific.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Infineon Technologies and SAIC Motor establish power module joint venture SIAPM in China to manufacture power modules for the developing electric vehicle market in China.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Impact of growing applications across several end users, such as consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Growth of various products, such as memory, logic, and sensors
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
Note: This is an On Demand product, please allow 3-5 working days for delivery after order has been placed.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Rising Demand from the Electronics Industry
4.2.2 Growing Demand for Microelectronics in Several Applications
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Programmable Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Market Segmentation
5.1 By End User
5.1.1 Consumer Electronics
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Analog Devices
6.2 Infineon Technologies
6.4 Texas Instruments
6.5 Linear Technology
6.6 Maxim Integrated
6.7 NXP Semiconductors
6.8 ON Semiconductors
6.9 Renesas Electronics
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Programmable Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Market