The scope of the report includes insights about several products offered by major players. The end user segment comprises of microelectronics, storage equipment, cutting tools, solar products, and medical equipment. The regions included in this study are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Physical vapor deposition (PVD) is a vacuum coating process, in which, the surfaces of various products, such as microelectronics, cutting tools, storage devices, medical equipment, solar products, etc., are coated with materials to form a thin protective film. With increasing demand for durable consumer electronics, the demand for PVD coatings has sky rocketed in the past four years, leading to increased demand for PVD equipment.
Increasing Demand from Consumer Electronics to Play a Key Role
Traditionally, the consumer electronics market constantly demands higher power dissipation, faster speeds, and higher pin counts, along with smaller footprints and lower profiles. The miniaturization and integration of semiconductors have given rise to smaller, lighter, and more portable devices, like tablets, smartphones, and the emerging IoT devices. With each technological iteration, consumer electronics product are becoming smarter, lighter, and more-energy efficient than previous generations. This level of technology being achieved, the consumers are now tending toward more reliable gadgets that could stand minor mishaps that take place during day-to-day activities.
Even the biggest smart phone brands, like apple and Google, are implementing water resistance and tamper proof solutions to meet their consumer requirements. The Apple’s 2007 version of iPhone had involved just two wafer level packaging. By the third iteration of iPhone (iPhone 5), the device consisted of seven wafer levels packaging. By 2016, the iPhone 7 series had about 44 wafer levels of packaging in the device. This is the case with all the other consumer electronics giants in the market, and this is driving these vendors to make hardware that is more reliable, using PVD technology. With continuous demand for more sophisticated and mobile consumer electronics, the demand for PVD equipment is expected to grow considerably over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: AEIS), announced a North American distribution partnership with Sager Electronics, Inc., a prominent distributor of interconnect, power and electromechanical components and provider of value-added solutions. The partnership allows Advanced Energy (AE) to link customers to AE’s power portfolio, including high-voltage, low-voltage, and thermal products.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- - Impact of growing applications across several end users, such as consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Growth of various products such as memory, logic, sensors
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Rising Demand from the Electronics Industry
4.2.2 Growing Demand for Microelectronics in several Applications
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Need for experienced personnel
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Global Physical Vapor Deposition Equipment (PVD) Market Segmentation
5.1 By End User
5.1.2 Storage Equipment
5.1.3 Cutting Tools
5.1.4 Solar Products
5.1.5 Medical Equipment
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Advanced Energy Industries Inc.
6.2 AJA International Inc.
6.3 Veeco Instruments
6.4 Angstrom Engineering and Applied Materials Inc.
6.5 Platit AG
6.6 Mustang Vacuum Systems
6.7 Oerlikon Balzers
6.8 Applied Materials, Inc.
6.9 ULVAC Inc.
6.10 Semicore Equipment, Inc.
6.11 IHI Corporation
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Global Physical Vapor Deposition Equipment (PVD) Market
- Advanced Energy Industries Inc.
- AJA International Inc.
- Veeco Instruments
- Angstrom Engineering and Applied Materials Inc.
- Platit AG
- Mustang Vacuum Systems
- Oerlikon Balzers
- Applied Materials Inc.
- ULVAC Inc.
- Semicore Equipment Inc.
- IHI Corporation