Increasing Instances of Sophisticated DDoS Attacks
Depending on the size and type of the organization, a DDoS attack can be from a small nuisance to something that can break a company's revenue stream and damage it permanently. Recent DDoS attacks include the record-breaking attack on code repository Github a few weeks ago. GitHub was taken offline for about 10 minutes by an attack that peaked at 1.35Tbps. According to DDoS protection outfit Arbor Networks, the US service provider survived an attack that reached an unprecedented 1.7Tbps. Such attacks are making the organization to be prepared by implementing DDOS protection, which is directly driving the market.
Increasing Adoption of DDOS Protection Services
With DDoS attacks growing in complexity and size, a company needs a DDoS protection service with a robust network and variety of mitigation techniques to thwart any attacks directed at the site. The best protection services are provided by Incapsula Enterprise, F5 Silverline DDoS Protection, and Arbor Cloud. The companies growing the global network and scrubbing capacities equip it with the size needed to thwart large-scale volumetric attacks. Combined with many data centers located across the world, the service is ready for the most advanced DDoS attacks. Companies host a plethora of mitigation techniques that intercept application layer, protocol, and volumetric attacks, IP blocking, rate limiting, automatic bot discernment, and more. While the services do not offer unlimited mitigation, one can use this protection service on-demand or always on, customizing it to fit the needs of a company. While DDoS protection services employ similar mitigation techniques to thwart attacks, they differ in price, deployment methods, and network size.
North America Holds the Largest Market Share
The presence of significant DDoS protection vendors and service providers, along with the early adoption trends for innovative technologies in the developed economies of the US and Canada drive the market in North America. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing region in the DDoS protection market, owing to the rising adoption of these solutions and services across SMEs and large enterprises emerging in this region.
Key Recent Developments
- February 2018: Brazil ranked fifth in the most targeted distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks in 2017. Brazil has witnessed a total of 264,900, which is about 735 attacks per day and 30 events per hour last year, according to NETSCOUT Arbor. About 34.9% have originated in the country, followed by attacks originating in the US (30.3%), Canada (17.8%), and the UK (17.8%).
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Growing sophisticated DDOS attacks act as a driver in the global market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Analysis Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Porter’s Five Forces Model - Industry Attractiveness
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Increasing Instances of Sophisticated DDoS Attacks
4.1.2 Introduction of Cost-Effective Cloud-Based and Hybrid Solutions
4.1.3 Proliferation of Technology and Adoption of Iot Across Various Verticals
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Increasing Operational Costs
4.2.2 Availability of Free and Pirated DDoS Protection and Mitigation Solutions
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global DDOS Protection Market Segmentation - By Deployment
7. Global DDOS Protection Market Segmentation - By Component
7.3 Professional Services
7.4 Desgin and Implementation
7.4.2 Training and Education
7.4.3 Support and Maintenance
7.5 Managed Services
8. Global DDOS Protection Market Segmentation - By Organization Size
8.1 Small and Medium Enterprises (SMES)
8.2 Large Enterprises
9. Global DDOS Protection Market Segmentation - By Application
10. Global DDoS Protection Market Segmentation - By End-user Industry
10.1 Government and Defense
10.2 Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
10.4 Energy and Utilities
10.5 IT and Telecom
11. Global DDoS Protection Market Segmentation - By Region
11.1 North America
11.3 Asia Pacific
11.4 Rest of World
12. Global DDoS Protection Market , Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
12.1 Arbor Networks, Inc.
12.2 Akamai Technologies, Inc.
12.3 F5 Networks, Inc.
12.5 Radware Ltd
12.6 Corero Network Security, Inc.
12.7 Neustar, Inc.
12.8 Cloudflare, Inc.
12.9 Nexusguard Ltd
12.10 Dosarrest Internet Security Ltd
*List not exhaustive
13. Investment Analysis
13.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
13.2 Investment Outlook
14. Outlook of DDOS Protection Market