Dashboard camera has become one of the important car accessories in many countries, due to the stringent safety regulation imposed by various transport and government authorities. Besides, the rising competition in the market has resulted in a decrease in the prices of dashboard cameras, which has further increased the rate of adoption of cameras among car owners. Increasing consumer awareness and focus on safety have also been identified to influence the market growth.
Increase in the Number of Road Accidents and Thefts Driving the Dashboard Camera Demand
The number of road traffic accidents are increasing, worldwide, which has led to an increase in the popularity of dash cams. A dash cam footage provides an objective account of crashes when one is involved in a car accident or high-stress events, which can help to speed-up insurance claims and lower insurance costs. Over the past few years, the sales rate of dashboard cameras has been increasing in the UK considering the different advantages it offers. Besides, many dashboard cameras are rechargeable, so they are of use even when the cars are not in motion. One of the best uses of dashcam is the capturing of culprits behind parking accidents and theft of essentials left back in car. All these benefits provided by dash cams are leading to an increase in the growth rate of the global dashboard camera market.
Increase in the Automobile Sales Rate leading to a Growth of Dashboard Cameras
The sales of automobiles are rising across the globe. In the present situation, every car owner wants to have the best features in the car, which include convenience and safety. Therefore, car manufacturers are installing the best of dash cameras, in order to provide their customers the safety they need while travelling. The demand for dash cams has been increasing with every sale of car, which is propelling the demand for dashboard camera market.
Asia-Pacific a Dominating Dashboard Camera Market
Asia-Pacific holds a major share of the global market, due to the increase in popularity of dashboard cameras among commercial and private vehicle owners. The growth in demand for dash cam comes from countries, like China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and Others, in which China holds the market share. Moreover, the rise in central focus on fraud protection and providing road safety to motorists and passengers has led to a rapid increase of the dashboard camera market in South East Asian countries, such as Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Garmin International, Inc. introduced advanced driver assistance features for professional truck drivers with its newest dēzl™ series. This will introduce a dashcam with cutting-edge advanced driver assistance features for truck drivers. The trucking industry will have the ability to receive advanced camera-assisted warnings from their truck navigators.
- November 2017 - Papago Inc. was named a CES 2018 innovation awards honoree for Papago Ray. Ray has incorporated a top-notch rear-view camera that renders real-time feed of surroundings onto its 7.8 screen. Rays field of view is superior to that of a traditional rear-view mirror, as it has the ability to reduce blind spots and enhance traffic safety by giving an exact view of the surroundings.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global dashboard camera market outlook
- Performance of various segments in the market
- Different perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Segments and sub-segments expected to dominate the market
- Regions expected to witness expedited growth during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increase in the Automobile Sales Rate
4.2.2 Favourable Insurance Policies
4.2.3 Increase in the Number of Road Accidents and Thefts
4.2.4 Favourable Dashboard Camera Installation Mandates
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Reliability and Privacy Issues
4.3.2 Laws Restricting the Use of Dash Cams in Some Countries
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Dashboard Camera Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Technology
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 ABEO Company Co. Ltd
6.2 Aiptek Inc.
6.3 Bulls-I Vehicle Drive Recorders
6.4 DOD Tec
6.5 Delphi Automotive Systems Pvt Ltd
6.6 Garmin international Inc.
6.8 Harman International industries, Inc.
6.9 LG Corporation
6.10 Panasonic Corporation
6.11 Papago Inc.
6.12 Pittasoft Co. Ltd
6.13 Qrontech Co. Ltd
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Dashboard Camera Market
- ABEO Company Co. Ltd
- Aiptek Inc.
- Bulls-I Vehicle Drive Recorders
- DOD Tec
- Delphi Automotive Systems Pvt Ltd
- Garmin international Inc.
- Harman International industries Inc.
- LG Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Papago Inc.
- Pittasoft Co. Ltd
- Qrontech Co. Ltd