Stringent Government Regulations to Drive the Market
The market growth can be credited to the stringent government regulations, increasing demand for eco-friendly vehicles, and technological improvements in powertrain systems to enhance the overall efficiency. One of the restraints to the growth of the market is the increased cost of powertrain systems.
Asia-Pacific to Remain the Largest Market
The Asia-Pacific region had the largest powertrain market, in terms of value, in 2017. The primary reasons contributing to the growth of the powertrain market in the region are the increasing vehicle production and the surge of passenger cars. The introduction of stringent emission regulations in the European and North American countries have increased the demand for superior powertrains that are lightweight, which helps in increasing fuel economy, decreasing emissions, and improving vehicle performance.
The global automotive powertrain systems market is dependent on the steady growth rates of the global vehicle production and sales. With the advent of newer technologies that aim at providing increased efficiency and refinement, the market is expected to witness a stable growth during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market:
- February 2018: BMW showcased its new i-lineup, including a Roadster edition of the i8 along with the i3s powered by plug-in hybrid, and the electric powertrain.
- February 2018: Tata Motors showcased Tiago and Tigor, subcompact sedans, with powertrains sourced from Electra EV.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- A study on the adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles and its effects on the global automotive powertrain systems industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The type of vehicle that is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Scope of the Market
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview and Trends
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Automotive Powertrain System Market, Segmented by Component Type
5.4 Drive Shaft
6. Global Automotive Powertrain System Market, Segmented by Vehicle Type
6.1 Passenger Vehicles
6.2 Commercial Vehicles
7. Global Automotive Powertrain System Market, Segmented by Wheel Drive
7.1 Front-wheel Drive
7.2 Rear-wheel Drive
7.3 All-Wheel Drive
8. Global Automotive Powertrain System Market, Segmented by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.4 Rest of North America
8.2 South America
8.2.3 Rest of South America
8.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4.1 United Kingdom
8.4.4 Rest of Europe
8.5 Middle East & Africa
8.5.1 United Arab Emirates
8.5.2 South Africa
8.5.3 Saudi Arabia
8.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Developments of Key Players
10. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, and Strategies)
10.1 Toyota Motor Corporation
10.2 Hyundai Motor Company
10.3 Ford Motor Company
10.4 ZF Friedrichshafen AG
10.5 Gkn PLC
10.6 General Motors Company
10.7 JTEKT Corporation
10.8 Borgwarner Inc.
10.9 Volkswagen AG
10.10 Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd
11. Outlook of the Market