The marine industry has been on a prosperous path over the recent five-year period registering considerable growth across the various sectors within the industry, with ocean shipping in particular being the most prominent contributor towards this growth. The maritime industry has been on the cusp of evolution in response to constant changes in the economic, political, and technological trends governing the growth of the industry. Information exchange forms the basis for different segments within the maritime industry to coordinate with each other, in order to enable smooth functioning. Effective communication between the governing authorities and the vessel out on sea is crucial in ensuring the operation is performed without any major challenge capable of disrupting the entire process.
Information exchange systems are critical for ships to be communicating with each on a regular basis, to communicate important information with each other. Systems integrated with the maritime traffic monitoring capabilities, and effective tracking systems, such as AIS, LRIT, and SAR have emerged as fundamental needs for vessels.
Enhance the On-board Safety and Compliance Conditions on the Ships
Better coordination between ships is of critical importance irrespective of their purpose of being on the water. Companies have been proactively investing in the development of effective management systems, which can lead to the better coordination between the involved stakeholders. The capabilities of the system can assist in planning a transit through a narrow path to avoiding piracy attacks, which are of elementary need but have the capability to save immense amount of monetary and human resource over the course of a single trip.
Collected information further helps reduce the amount of redundancy of planning a journey, by reducing the time spent on identifying the optimal route and also by enhancing operations on a day to day basis.
LRIT Emerging as a Key Enabler to Improve Maritime Domain Awareness
The long-range identification and tracking systems has been designated to be the standardized tracking system to be adopted by vessels subject to operating on the sea. The system has been authorized by the International Maritime Organization to collect and disseminate information received from the ships subject to the different compliances and regulations. LRIT provides an enhanced level of marine domain awareness that allows unique visibility to report the accurate positions of the vessels and is being actively incorporated in the military and defense sectors, by helping the defense authorities recognize potential threats through the LRIT platforms, which is imminent for coast surrounded economies, such as the US and China among others.
Key Developments In The Market
- October 2017 - exactEarth Europe Limited, which a leading provider of Satellite AIS data services, has collaborated with leading LRIT solution providers, such as Catapult, Pole Star and a couple of other leading firms have completed the demonstration of a new global machine to machine (M2M) and IoT platform. It uses AIS bases networking and ‘Application Specific Messaging’ (ASM) to upload sensor data from remote maritime assets in real time.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To identify potential opportunities in the maritime information market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segments that are expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Porter's five forces Analysis
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of customers
3.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute products
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
3.3 Industry Policies
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Factors Driving the Growth of the Market
4.2.1 Enhance the On-board Safety and Compliance Conditions on the Ships
4.2.2 Drastically Improves Operational Effectiveness
4.3 Factors Challenging the Growth of the Market
4.3.1 Cyber Threats Capable of Misusing Information
5. Global Maritime Analytics Market Segmentation
5.1 By Platform
5.1.1 Onshore-based Platform
5.1.2 Vessel-based Platform
5.2 By Tracking Technology
5.2.1 Automated Identification Systems
5.2.2 Synthetic-aperture Radar
5.2.3 Long Range Identification & Tracking
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Fleet Management
5.3.2 Vessel Tracking
5.3.3 Maritime Security
5.4 By End-users
5.5 By Region
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 Rest of the World
6. Competitive Landscape - Key Vendor Profiles (List not Exhaustive)
6.1 Windward Limited
6.2 exactEarth Ltd.
6.3 SAAB Group
6.4 Thales Group
6.5 Iridium Communications Inc.
6.6 ORBCOMM Inc.
6.7 Lockheed Martin Corporation
6.8 Northop Grumman Corporation
6.9 BAE Systems
6.10 L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future Market Outlook
- Windward Limited
- exactEarth Ltd. S.A. Group
- Thales Group
- Iridium Communications Inc.
- ORBCOMM Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northop Grumman Corporation
- BAE Systems
- L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.