Increasing Networked Devices to Drive the Demand for Fog Networking
The push for smart cities and accompanied systems to achieve the same requires interconnected devices and connected cars, which lead to the evolution and adoption of IoT. The major driver for fog networking is the need to get information quickly at the fingertips of end users, which can lose its value if the information is not obtained at the early stage. This has led to the evolution of fog networking, as cloud computing does not serve this requirement.
High Industry-based Demand to Obtain Maximum Benefit of Increased Computational Power at Enterprise End
The enterprises that are into instant feedbacks and need to revert sooner to customers have been the early adopters of this technology. The technology utilizes cloud computing and offers its benefits with improved solutions. The industry has benefitted with the improved computational, storage, communication, and sensing capabilities of the installed devices, which have made fog computing a possibility and created a significant opportunity for fog networking.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 - Fog World Congress (FWC) 2017 was the inaugural conference for fog computing, bringing the global community, researchers, and leaders together, to learn about the impact of fog computing and networking. For instance, in the smart city of Barcelona, through IoT technology, the government is trying to provide the best possible services for its citizens, including unification of waste and transportation management, traffic data, and Wi-Fi access points.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global fog networking market outlook.
- Performance of the various segments of the market.
- Analyzing different perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segments and sub-segments expected to dominate the market.
- The regions expected to witness expedited growth during the forecast period.
- Latest developments, market shares. and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Computational, Storage, Communication, and Sensing Capabilities of End Users
4.1.2 Increasing Number of Wireless Networks Used Locally (Within Connected Cars, Smart Buildings, and Personal Body-area Networks)
4.1.3 Increased Adoption of Fog Computing to Obtain the Maximum Value of Analysis
4.2.1 Data Availability for Transient Period (Often 1-2 hours) to Work Upon
4.2.2 Solution Requires Combinations of Product and Services from Multiple Stake Holders
5. Global Fog Networking Market Segmentation
5.1 By Organization Size
5.1.1 Small- and Medium-sized Businesses
5.1.2 Large-scale Businesses
5.2 By End User
5.2.2 Defense, Government, and Military
5.2.5 Transportation and Logistics
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 ARM Holdings PLC
6.2 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.3 Dell Inc.
6.4 Ericsson Inc.
6.5 HP Inc.
6.6 IBM Corp
6.7 Intel Corp.
6.8 Linksys Group Inc.
6.9 Microsoft Corp.
6.10 Nokia Corp
6.11 Qualcomm Corporation
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.2 Investor Outlook
8. Future of the Global Fog Networking Market