Rapid Growth in IP Traffic
IP traffic have increased five-folds during the past five years and is still increasing exponentially, driven by increasing penetration of the internet. In 2016, worldwide IP traffic exceeded 1 zettabyte and IP traffic during peak hours increased to more than 35%.
With the increase in connected devices, the IP traffic is bound to increase. Video is poised to account for the majority of all IP traffic, owing to increase in video-on-demand (VoD) services. Moreover, bring-your-own-device (BYOD) concept in organizations is also contributing its growth. So, to support this huge growth in IP traffic, routers need to be upgraded, thus growing the enterprise routers market.
North America to Hold the Largest Market Share
North America is expected to hold the largest market size with US holding the major chunk of the market. High dependence on internet connectivity is driving the growth of this market in the region. Moreover, most of the enterprise router providing companies are headquartered in North America, which do pilot run there before launching the product globally. Also, most of the cloud service providers and network virtualization companies are set up in this region, which will also boost the growth rate of enterprise routers market.
Key Developments in the Market
- April 2018 - Cisco launched new series of routers- Cisco NCS 500 Series, Cisco ASR 9901 and Cisco NCS 5500 Series to cater to increased IP traffic. All these routers will be powered by Cisco® IOS® XR
- March 2018 - ZTE Corporation launched new ZXR10 T8000 core routers that are capable of supporting SDN backbone network traffic optimization
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To know how various factors are driving the market with respect to the global market scenario
- To analyze various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand, which of the regions is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- To identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Transition Towards Cloud For Data Storage
4.2.2 Increasing Network Virtualization
4.2.3 Rapid Growth in IP Traffic
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Security and Privacy Concerns
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Enterprise Routers Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type of Connectivity
6.2 By Type of Port
6.2.1 Fixed Port
6.3 By Functionality
6.3.1 Core Routers
6.3.2 Multi-Services Edge
6.3.3 Cloud Gateway
6.3.4 Aggregation Router
6.3.5 Access Router
6.4 By End-user Vertical
6.4.2 IT & Telecom
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5.4 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6.5.5 Latin America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Latin America
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 Cisco Systems, Inc.
7.2 Juniper Networks, Inc.
7.3 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
7.4 Dell Inc
7.5 Nokia Networks Corporation
7.6 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
7.7 Avaya Inc
7.8 ZTE Corporation
7.9 Riverbed Technology, Inc.
7.10 Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
*List not exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of Enterprise Routers Market
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Juniper Networks Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Nokia Networks Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Dell Inc
- Avaya Inc
- ZTE Corporation
- Riverbed Technology Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.