The global magnet market currently represents a multi-billion-dollar industry. Well-diversified and growing industrial applications coupled by the fact that they have limited alternatives are driving the current demand of NdFeB magnets. SmCo magnets, on the other hand, are gaining acceptance due to an increasing spending on defence and aerospace products. Governments across various countries are also promoting green technologies in order to decrease the carbon emissions which in turn is also expected to boost the global demand of rare earth magnets in the coming years. We expect, the overall demand of permanent magnets to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period.
This new report “Global Magnet Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, provides an analytical, statistical and technical insight into the global permanent magnet market. The study, which is based both on desk research and multiple waves of qualitative primary research, is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the magnet industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the global permanent magnet market?
- Which are the key permanent magnet types?
- How have the various types of permanent magnets performed in the market?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the Ferrite magnet market?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB) magnet market?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the Aluminium Nickel Cobalt (AlNiCo) market?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) market?
- Which countries represent the biggest markets for permanent magnets and how have they performed?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the Chinese magnet market?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the US magnet market?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the European magnet market?
- What are the historical, current and future trends in the Japanese magnet market?
- What are the major applications of permanent magnets and what are their market shares?
- How are permanent magnets manufactured?
- What are the raw material and machinery requirements for manufacturing permanent magnets?
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
5. Global Permanent Magnet Market
5.4Market Breakup by Type
5.6Value Chain Analysis
5.7Pricing Mechanism and Profit Margins at Various Levels of the Supply Chain
5.9Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.9.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.9.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.9.4Degree of Competition
5.9.5Threat of New Entrants
5.9.6Threat of Substitutes
5.10Key Success and Risk Factors for Manufacturers
6. Global Permanent Magnet Market by Magnet Type
6.1.3Market by Region
6.2Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB)
6.2.3Market by Region
6.3Aluminium Nickel Cobalt (AlNiCo)
6.3.3Market by Region
6.4Samarium Cobalt (SmCo)
6.4.3Market by Region
7. Global Permanent Magnet Market by Region
7.1.1Current and Historical Market Trends
7.2.1Current and Historical Market Trends
7.3.1Current and Historical Market Trends
7.4.1Current and Historical Market Trends
7.5.1Current and Historical Market Trends
8. Global Permanent Magnet Market by Application
8.1Computer Hard Disk Drives (HDD), CD, DVD
8.2Hybrid Electric Vehicles
8.4Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioners (HVAC)
8.6.1Transducers and Loudspeakers
8.6.2Magnetic Separation Equipment and Sorters
8.6.3Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
8.6.4Magnetic Braking Systems
8.6.5Magnetically Levitated Transportation Systems
8.6.6Medicine and Health
8.6.7Credit Cards and other ID Cards
8.6.8Travelling Waves Tubes (TWT)
8.6.9Advertising and Promotional Products
8.6.10Magnetic Refrigeration system
8.6.12Military and Aerospace
8.6.13Energy Storage Systems
9. Key Players in the Global Magnet Market
10. Requirements for Setting-up a Permanent Magnet Manufacturing Plant
10.1.2Raw Material Requirements
10.1.3Land and Construction Requirements
10.1.4Machinery and Infrastructure
10.2Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB)
10.2.2Raw Material Requirements
10.2.3Land and Construction Requirements
10.2.4Machinery and Infrastructure
10.3Samarium Cobalt (SmCo)
10.3.2Raw Material Requirements
10.3.3Land and Construction Requirements
10.3.4Machinery and Infrastructure
11. Drivers of the Global Permanent Magnets Industry
12. Challenges Faced By the Magnet Industry
13. Import and Export Data of Permanent Magnets