The global pasta market is being driven by a number of favourable factors. On account of hectic lifestyles, consumers are shifting towards easy-to-makefood products. Since pasta is a convenient and healthy product, the demand for pasta, particularly for products such as vermicelli, fusilli and macaroni, has been on a rise. However, the rising popularity of low-carbohydrate diets can pose a threat to the market growth. According to the report, the market is further expected to reach a value of more than US$ 14 Billion by 2023.
The report has segmented the global pasta market on the basis of type as dried pasta, chilled/fresh pasta, canned/preserved pasta. Among these, dried pasta accounts for the majority of the market share. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of distribution channels with supermarkets as the most popular segment. Other major distribution channels include hypermarkets, discounters, independent small retailers and online. On a regional-basis, the report covers North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Currently, Europe represents the largest region, accounting for nearly a half of the total global share. The report has further analysed the competitive landscape and provides the profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the major players include Barilla Holding, Grupo Ebro Puleva, Nestle, DeCecco and Makfa.
This report provides a deep insight into the global pasta industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the global pasta industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the pasta market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global pasta industry?
- What are the global price trends of pasta?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the pasta industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global pasta industry?
- What is the structure of the pasta industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global pasta industry?
- What are the profit margins in the pasta industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- How is pasta manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for pasta?
- What are the transportation requirements for pasta?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a pasta manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Pasta Industry
5.4Market by Region
5.5Market by Type
5.6Market by Raw Material
5.7Market by Distribution Channel
5.9Pasta Market: Value Chain
5.10Pasta Market: SWOT Analysis
5.11Pasta Market: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.11.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.11.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.11.4 Degree of Rivalry
5.11.5 Threat of New Entrants
5.11.6 Threat of Substitutes
5.12Key Success and Risk Factors
6. Performance of Key Regions
6.5Middle East & Africa
7. Market by Type
8. Market by Raw Material
8.1Durum Wheat Semolina
9. Market by Distribution Channel
9.4Independent Small Grocers
10. Competitive Landscape
11. Pasta Manufacturing Process
11.2Detailed Process Flow
11.3Various Unit Operations Involved
11.4Mass Balance and Raw Materials Required
12. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
12.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
12.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
12.5Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
12.6Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
12.7Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
12.8Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
12.9Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
12.10Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
12.11Other Capital Investments
13. Pasta Manufacturing Plant: Loans and Financial Assistance
14. Project Economics
14.1Capital Cost of the Project
14.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
14.6Taxation and Depreciation
15. Key Player Profiles
15.2Grupo Ebro Puleva