NdFeB magnets are well suited for use in electric motors, power tools and other products requiring strong, compact permanent magnets. They offer the highest magnetic field strength and magnetic stability but have a lower curie temperature. Since they tend to be more vulnerable to oxidation than SmCo magnets, protective surface treatments are often applied on them.
Unlike NdFeB magnets, SmCo magnets have a weaker magnetic field strength but a higher curie temperature and are extremely useful for applications requiring high field strength while operating at high temperatures. Another advantage with SmCo magnets is that they have a high resistance to oxidation and can be more susceptible to chipping and cracking. Compared to the wide usage of NdFeB magnets, however, SmCo magnets have limited usage. These magnets are currently used for certain niche applications, particularly in the defence and aerospace sectors. According to the latest report, the global rare earth magnet market has grown at a CAGR of around 8% during 2010-2017, reaching a market value of around US$ 12 billion in 2017.
Globally, China represents the largest producer as well as the consumer of NdFeB and SmCo magnets. Well diversified and increasing industrial applications coupled by the fact that they have limited substitutes are currently driving the global demand of NdFeB magnets. The demand of SmCo magnets, on the other hand, is being driven by the increasing spending on the defence and the aerospace sectors. Government initiatives to promote green technologies in order to decrease carbon emissions are also expected to drive the global rare earth magnet market in the coming years.
This latest study “Rare Earth Magnet Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Forecast and Opportunity 2018-2023” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a rare earth magnets manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the rare earth magnet market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have or plan to have any kind of stake in the rare earth magnet market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the rare earth magnet market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global rare earth magnet industry?
- What are the key applications in the global rare earth magnet industry?
- How has the NdFeB magnet market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global NdFeB magnet industry?
- What are the key applications in the global NdFeB magnet industry?
- How has the SmCo magnet market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global SmCo magnet industry?
- What are the key applications in the global SmCo magnet industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the rare earth magnet industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the rare earth magnet industry?
- What is the structure of the rare earth magnet industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the rare earth magnet industry?
- What are the profit margins in the rare earth magnet industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up rare earth magnet manufacturing plant?
- How are rare earth magnet manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in rare earth magnet plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for rare earth magnet?
- What are the transportation requirements for rare earth magnet?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up rare earth magnet plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for rare earth magnet plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Rare Earth Magnets Industry
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.4Market Breakup by Region
5.5Market Breakup by Magnet Type
5.6Market Breakup by Application
5.9Value Chain Analysis
5.9.1Rare Earth Mining and Milling Companies
5.9.2Rare Earth Oxide Manufacturers
5.9.3Rare Earth Metal Manufacturers
5.9.4Rare Earth Alloy Manufacturers
5.9.5Rare Earth Magnet Manufacturers
5.9.7Scrap Magnets Removing and Separating Companies
5.10Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.10.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.10.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.10.4Degree of Competition
5.10.5Threat of New Entrants
5.10.6Threat of Substitutes
5.11Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6. Market Performance by Magnet Type
6.1.1 Volume Trends
6.1.2 Value Trends
6.1.3 Market Breakup by Region
6.1.4 Market Breakup by Applications
6.1.5 Market Forecast
6.2.1 Volume Trends
6.2.2 Value Trends
6.2.3 Market Breakup by Region
6.2.4 Market Breakup by Applications
6.2.5 Market Forecast
7. Market Performance by Key Regions
7.1.1 NdFeB and SmCo Magnets Market: Volume Trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2.1 NdFeB and SmCo Magnets Market: Volume Trends
7.2.2 Market Forecast
7.3.1 NdFeB and SmCo Magnets Market: Volume Trends
7.3.2 Market Forecast
7.4.1 NdFeB and SmCo Magnets Market: Volume Trends
7.4.2 Market Forecast
8. Market by Application
9. Competitive Landscape
10. Rare Earth Magnet Manufacturing Process
10.2Detailed Process Flow
10.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
11.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
11.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
11.6Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
11.7Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
11.8Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
11.9Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
11.10 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
11.11Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11.12Other Capital Investments
12. Loans and Financial Assistance
13. Project Economics
13.1Capital Cost of the Project
13.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
13.4Taxation and Depreciation
14. Key Player Profiles