Owing to the advantages offered by generic injectables, governments in various countries are supporting their manufacture. Additionally, an increase in drug shortages, especially in the US, along with patent expiry of a number of blockbuster drugs, aging population and rising prevalence of chronic as well as lifestyle diseases represent some of the other factors driving the growth of the market. According to this research’s latest report titled, “Generic Injectables Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the global generic injectables market reached a value of US$ 26.2 Billion in 2017, exhibiting a CAGR of around 9% during 2010-2017.
The report has segmented the market on the basis of therapeutic area as oncology, anaesthesia, anti-infectives, parenteral nutrition, cardiovascular and others. Currently, the oncology segment accounts for the majority of the total market share. Further, the report has segmented the market on the basis of distribution channels covering hospitals and retail pharmacy stores. Among these, hospitals account for the largest market share. On a regional-basis, the report covers North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America represents the largest region, accounting for more than a half of the total global share. The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Hospira (Pfizer), Fresenius Kabi, Hikma, Sandoz (Novartis), Sagent, Sanofi and Baxter.
This report provides a deep insight into the global generic injectables industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the global generic injectables industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the generic injectables market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global generic injectables industry?
- What are the price trends of generic injectables?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the generic injectables industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the generic injectables industry?
- What is the structure of the global generic injectables industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global generic injectables industry?
- What are the profit margins in the generic injectables industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- How are generic injectables manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for generic injectables?
- What are the transportation requirements for generic injectables?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Generic Drug Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Region
5.4 Market Forecast
5.5 Major Players
6 Global Generic Drug Delivery Market
7 Global Generic Injectables Market
7.1 Market Overview
7.2 Market Performance
7.3 Market Breakup by Region
7.4 Market Breakup by Therapeutic Area
7.5 Market Breakup by Container
7.6 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
7.7 Market Forecast
7.8 SWOT Analysis
7.9 Value Chain Analysis
7.10 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
7.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
7.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
7.10.4 Degree of Competition
7.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
7.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
7.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
8 Global Generic Injectables Market: Performance of Key Regions
8.1 North America
8.4 Latin America
8.5 Middle East and Africa
9 Market by Therapeutic Area
9.4 Parenteral Nutrition
10 Market by Container
10.4 Prefilled Syringes
11 Market by Distribution Channel
11.2 Retail Pharmacy Stores
12 Global Generic Injectable Market: Competitive Landscape
12.1 Competitive Structure
12.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
13 Generic Injectable Manufacturing Process
13.1 Product Overview
13.2 Detailed Process Flow (Injectable)
13.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
13.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
14 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
14.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
14.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
14.3 Plant Machinery
14.4 Machinery Pictures
14.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
14.6 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
14.7 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
14.8 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
14.9 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
14.10 Other Capital Investments
15 Loans and Financial Assistance
16 Project Economics
16.1 Capital Cost of the Project
16.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
16.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
16.4 Taxation and Depreciation
16.5 Income Projections
16.6 Expenditure Projections
16.7 Financial Analysis
16.8 Profit Analysis
17 Key Player Profiles
17.1 Hospira (Pfizer)
17.1.1 Company Overview
17.1.2 Product Portfolio
17.1.4 SWOT Analysis
17.2 Fresenius Kabi
17.2.1 Company Overview
17.2.2 Product Portfolio
17.2.4 SWOT Analysis
17.3.1 Company Overview
17.3.2 Product Portfolio
17.3.4 SWOT Analysis
17.4 Sandoz (Novartis)
17.4.1 Company Overview
17.4.2 Product Portfolio
17.4.4 SWOT Analysis
17.5.1 Company Overview
17.5.2 Product Portfolio
17.5.4 SWOT Analysis
17.6.1 Company Overview
17.6.2 Product Portfolio
17.6.4 SWOT Analysis
17.7.1 Company Overview
17.7.2 Product Portfolio
17.7.4 SWOT Analysis