The growing awareness regarding the advantages of using disposable diapers among the Indian consumers has led to an increase in their demand. Additionally, the rising number of modern nuclear families with working parents and improved economic conditions in India have fuelled the growth of Indian diaper industry. Further, disposable biodegradable diapers are influencing the Indian market as they are eco-friendly and prevent environmental contamination. Moreover, increasing online sales of diapers, rapid urbanisation and the massive increase in birth rate are some of the other factors estimated to foster the growth of the Indian diaper market. On account of these factors, the market is expected to reach a volume of more than 6 Billion Units by 2023.
The report has segmented the Indian diaper market on the basis of product type. Some of the major product types are baby disposable, baby training, baby cloth, baby swim pants, baby biodegradable, adult pad type, adult flat type and adult pant type diapers. Currently, baby disposable diaper is the most popular type, accounting for the majority of the total share. The has report also analysed the market on the basis of region, covering Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Gujarat. Amongst these, Maharashtra represents the largest market. An analysis of the competitive landscape provides the details of the key players operative in the market. Some of the major players are Procter and Gamble, Kimberly Clark and Unicharm.
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian diaper industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Indian diaper industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Indian diaper market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the Indian diaper market?
- What are the price trends of Indian diaper market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian diaper industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian diaper industry?
- What is the structure of the Indian diaper industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian diaper industry?
- What are the profit margins in the Indian diaper industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- How are diapers manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for diapers?
- What are the transportation requirements for diapers?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Diaper Market
5.3Market Breakup by Region
5.4Market Breakup by Product Type
6. Indian Diaper Market
6.4Market Breakup by Region
6.5Market Breakup by Product Type
6.6Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
6.7Imports and Exports
6.7.1Imports by Major Countries
6.7.2Exports by Major Countries
7. Market by Product Type
7.1.1Baby Disposable Diaper
7.1.2Baby Training Diaper
7.1.3Baby Cloth Diaper
7.1.4Baby Swim Pants
7.2.1Adult Pad Type Diaper
7.2.2Adult Flat Type Diaper
7.2.3Adult Pant Type Diaper
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1Market Breakup by Key Player
8.3.1Setting Up a New Plant
8.3.2Joint Venture with Multinationals
8.3.3Buying Equity in Existing Firms
9. Value Chain Analysis
9.2Raw Material Suppliers
10. Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
11. SWOT Analysis
12. Porters Five Forces Analysis
12.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
12.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
12.4Degree of Rivalry
12.5Threat of New Entrants
12.6Threat of Substitutes
13. Diaper Manufacturing Process
13.2Detailed Process Flow
13.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
13.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Required
14. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
14.1Land, Location and Site Development
14.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
14.5Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
14.6Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
14.7Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
14.8Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
14.9Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
14.10Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
14.11Other Capital Investments
15. Loans and Financial Assistance
16. Project Economics
16.1Capital Cost of the Project
16.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
16.4Taxation and Depreciation
17. Profiles of Key Players