Paper cups are often covered with plastic resin to increase their durability, make them liquid resistant and prevent them from soaking the moisture and becoming soggy. Owing to this, they are extensively used to dispense beverages such as tea, coffee, soup, etc. Moreover, paper disposables such as cups and plates do not require cleaning, and therefore can be discarded easily after use. As a result of growing urbanization, hectic lifestyle and surging income levels, consumer prefer to use disposables instead of reusable utensils to save time and effort, thereby encouraging the growth of the paper cups and paper plates market. Further, plastic and foam disposables cause environmental damage, thus governments across the world are supporting the use of paper cups and plates. According to the report, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 115 Billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of more than 1.7% during 2018-2023.
The report has segregated the market on the basis of product type covering paper cups and plates. Among these, paper cups account for the majority of the total share. The paper cup segment has further been segmented into hot paper cups and cold paper cups, and single wall paper cups and double wall paper cups. Whereas, the paper plate segment has been divided into heavy-duty paper plates and medium-duty paper plates. An analysis of the competitive landscape provides the details of the key players operative in the market. Some of the major players are International Paper, Dart, Dixie, Hefty and Huhtamaki.
This report provides a deep insight into the US paper cups and paper plates industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the paper cups and paper plates industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the US paper cups and paper plates market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the major product types in the paper cups and paper plates industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the paper cups and paper plates industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the US paper cups and paper plates industry?
- What is the structure of the US paper cups and paper plates industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the US paper cups and paper plates industry?
- What are the profit margins in the US paper cups industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- How are paper cups manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for paper cups?
- What are the transportation requirements for paper cups?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope & Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Paper Cups and Paper Plates Industry
5.3Market Breakup by Region
5.4Market Breakup by Type
6. US Paper Cups and Paper Plates Industry
6.3Market Breakup by Type
6.6Value Chain Analysis
6.7Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.7.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
6.7.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.7.4Degree of Competition
6.7.5Threat of New Entrants
6.7.6Threat of Substitutes
6.8Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7. US Paper Cups Market
7.2Market by Product Type
7.2.1Hot Paper Cups
7.2.2Cold Paper Cups
7.3Market by Wall Type
8. US Paper Plates Market
8.2Market by Product Type
8.2.1Heavy-Duty Paper Plates
8.2.2Medium-Duty Paper Plates
9. Paper Cups and Plates: Manufacturing Process
9.2Raw Material Requirements
9.4Key Success and Risk Factors
10. Competitive Landscape
10.3Profiles of Key Players