The rising health consciousness among the consumers regarding the negative effects of sugar consumption has led to an increase in the demand for artificial sweeteners. Since saccharin is cheaper as compared to most other sweeteners, it is used extensively in its end-use sectors. The use of saccharin is also important for people who require a diet with restriction on caloric or carbohydrate intake, such as diabetics. Majority of the health practitioners also favour the use of non-caloric sweeteners like saccharin in weight reduction. Owing to these factors, the market is further expected to reach a value of US$ 339 Million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 6% during 2018-2023.
The report has segmented the market on the basis of applications, covering food and beverage industry, table top sweeteners, personal care and pharmaceuticals. Amongst these, food and beverage applications dominate the market. The market has further been segmented on the basis of type and finds that sodium saccharin accounts for the majority of the sales. It is followed by insoluble saccharin and calcium saccharin. On the basis of region, the report finds that Asia-Pacific represents the largest market for saccharin worldwide. It is followed by North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
This report provides a deep insight into the global saccharin industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the saccharin industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global saccharin market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the key application segments in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the major product types in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the price trends of saccharin?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global saccharin industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global saccharin industry?
- What is the structure of the global saccharin industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global saccharin industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- How is saccharin manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for saccharin?
- What are the transportation requirements for saccharin?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Saccharin Industry
5.4Market Breakup by Region
5.7Value Chain Analysis
5.7.2Research and Development
5.7.3Raw Material Procurement
5.8Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.8.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.8.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.8.4Degree of Rivalry
5.8.5Threat of New Entrants
5.8.6Threat of Substitutes
5.9Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6. Market Breakup by Product Type
7. Market Breakup by Application
7.1Food and Beverages
7.2Table Top Sweetener
8. Market Breakup by Region
8.5Middle East and Africa
9. Competitive Landscape
10. Sodium Saccharin (Remsen-Fahlberg Process) Manufacturing Process
10.2Detailed Process Flow
10.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
11.1Land, Location and Site Development
11.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
11.4Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
11.5Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
11.6Packaging and Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
11.7Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
11.8Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
12. Loans and Financial Assistance
13. Project Economics
13.1Capital Cost of the Project
13.3Product Pricing and Margins across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
13.4Taxation and Depreciation