One of the major factors that is expected to boost the market is the mounting pharmaceutical manufacturing capacity in the region boosted by the plans for regional integration and a greater emphasis on drugs produced within the GCC. The efforts to reduce dependence on imported drugs will further stimulate domestic manufacturing of drugs, particularly generics. Moreover, the government of Saudi Arabia, Oman and UAE have started campaigns aimed at boosting awareness towards the substitution of branded drugs by generics. However, the preference for branded drugs supported by a significant affluent population and the demand for sophisticated pharmaceuticals can hamper the market growth. Overall, the market is expected to continue its growth, reaching a value of more than US$ XXXX Million by 2023.
The report has segmented the GCC generic drugs market on the basis of countries. Currently, Saudi Arabia represents the largest market in the region, accounting for more than a half of the total market share. This can be attributed to the rapid economic development and the subsequent rise in the cases of lifestyles diseases in the country. The lenient data exclusivity laws in the country have also boosted the market. The report has further analysed the competitive landscape of the market and provides the profiles of the key players operating in it. Some of the key players include SPIMACO, Pfizer, Novartis, TPMC and Hikma.
This report provides a deep insight into the GCC generic drug industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the GCC generic drugs industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC generic drugs market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the GCC generic drugs industry?
- What are the price trends of generic drugs?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC generic drugs industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC generic drugs industry?
- What is the structure of the GCC generic drugs industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC generic drugs industry?
- What are the profit margins in the GCC generic drugs industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- How are generic drugs manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for generic drugs?
- What are the transportation requirements for generic drugs?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a generic drugs manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Generic Drug Industry
5.3Market Breakup by Region
5.4Market Breakup by Drug Delivery
6. GCC Generic Drug Industry
6.3Market Breakup by Region
6.5 SWOT Analysis
6.6Value Chain Analysis
6.6.2 Research and Development
6.6.3 Raw Material Procurement
6.7 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.7.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
6.7.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.7.4Degree of Competition
6.7.5Threat of New Entrants
6.7.6Threat of Substitutes
6.8Key Success and Risk Factors for Manufacturers
7 Performance of Key Regions
7.1.1 Market Performance
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.1.3 Key Players
7.1.4 Regulatory Process for Generics Drug Industry in Saudi Arabia
7.2.4Regulatory Process for Generics Drug Industry in UAE
7.3.3Regulatory Process for Generics Drug Industry in Kuwait
7.4.3Regulatory Process for Generics Drug Industry in Qatar
7.5.3Regulatory Process for Generics Drug Industry in Bahrain
7.6.3Regulatory Process for Generics Drug Industry in Oman
8 Competitive Landscape
8.1 Competitive Structure
8.2 Market Share of Key Players
9 Generic Drug Manufacturing Process
9.1 Product Overview
9.2 Detailed Process Flow
9.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
9.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
10 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
10.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
10.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
10.3 Plant Machinery
10.4 Machinery Pictures
10.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
10.6 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
10.7 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
10.8 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
10.9 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
10.10 Other Capital Investments
11 Loans and Financial Assistance
12 Project Economics
12.1 Capital Cost of the Project
12.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
12.3 Product Pricing and Margins across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
12.4 Taxation and Depreciation
12.5 Income Projections
12.6 Expenditure Projections
12.7 Financial Analysis
12.8 Profit Analysis
13 Key Player Profiles