Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is a type of plastic resin offering superior characteristics, including durable and lightweight. PET is commonly used in packaging as it acts as a strong barrier against diluted acids, water vapor, and alcohols. Furthermore, it is shatter-resistant, flexible, and easy-to-recycle which is expected to propel the demand for the product. In addition, the absence of toxicity in PET products that are used for packing food products is projected to fuel the market growth. The major advantage of PET over other plastic materials used for packaging is its high rate of recyclability. PET bottles are used for packing beverages and fruit juices, whereas PET films are used in packaging solutions for pre-cooked meals and processed meat. Thus, the growth in food & beverage industry is likely to boost the PET packaging market over the forecast period.
Growing Demand from End-user Industry
The PET packaging is utilized in the various end-user industry, such as food & beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and industrial goods. The growth in these industries is likely to have a positive impact on the PET packaging industry owing to the rising penetration of the product in the aforementioned sectors. Food & beverage retailers have been quick to respond to the changing market scenario of the sustainability benefits related to PET’s light-weight. Additionally, the changing consumer preference towards healthy packaged food is giving rise to the PET packaging, thereby, propelling the market growth over the forecast period.
Flexible Packaging to Exhibit the Highest Growth
Flexible packaging offers exceptional characteristics as compared to rigid packaging, such as less packaging materials required, less solid waste, low shipping cost, and less storage. Moreover, this type of packaging is environmental-friendly which is expected to boost the product’s demand. The use of flexible packaging is advantageous across the value chain, including manufacturers, retails, and consumers. For manufacturers, this is useful in mitigating energy consumption, enhancing features, including graphics and shapes, and increasing shelf life which act as the key drivers for the market growth.
Asia-Pacific to Show the Highest Growth Rate
The developing countries in Asia-Pacific are witnessing a high growth for PET packaging owing to the increasing disposable income and the replacement of traditional package formats with PET bottles. PET recycling is another key issue for industry players, along the market supply chain, owing to the increasing awareness associated with environmental concerns. However, stringent government regulations in the region with regard to the carbon emission and manufacturing standards are likely to hinder the market growth.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018 - Amcor launched consumer packaging through LiquiForm technology which mitigates the supply chain cost and enhancing packaging consistency. This is expected to ascend their product market share and bring revenue to the company.
- February 2018 - Pretium Packaging LLC launched 2-L PET containers with the integration of handles at The Packaging Conference which is likely to boost the company’s financial and increase their product portfolio.
- January 2018 - PET Power designed square bottles offering greater width than the existing similar products in the market which is projected to lure customers and bring profit to the company.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The future prospect of the PET packaging market and opportunities.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Regional analysis of the market.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain
4.3 Factors Driving the Market
4.3.1 Rising Demand for Environment-friendly Packaging
4.3.2 Growing Demand from End-Use Industries
4.4 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4.1 Volatility in Raw Material Prices
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4.6 Industry Regulations & Policies
5. Technology Snapshot
5.1 Hot Fill
5.2 Cold Fill
5.3 Aseptic Fill
6. Global PET Packaging Market Segmentation
6.1 By Pack Type
6.1.1 Bottles & Jars
6.1.2 Bags & Pouches
6.1.4 Lids/Caps & Closures
6.2 By Packaging Type
6.2.1 Flexible Packaging
6.2.2 Rigid Packaging
6.3 By End-Use Industry
6.3.1 Food & Beverage
6.3.3 Personal Care & Cosmetic
6.3.4 Industrial Goods
6.3.5 Household Products
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
8. Company Market Share
8.1 Amcor Limited
8.2 E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
8.3 Resilux NV
8.4 Gerresheimer AG
8.5 GTX Hanex Plastic Sp. z o.o.
8.7 CCL Industries, Inc.
8.8 Berry Plastics Group Inc.
8.9 Huhtamaki group
8.10 Rexam PLC
8.11 Smurfit Kappa Group PLC
8.12 Pretium Packaging LLC
*List not Exhaustive
9. Opportunities in Global PET Packaging Market
- Amcor Limited
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Resilux NV
- Gerresheimer AG
- GTX Hanex Plastic Sp. z o.o.
- CCL Industries Inc.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc.
- Huhtamaki Group
- Rexam PLC
- Smurfit Kappa Group PLC
- Pretium Packaging LLC