Growing Trend of Miniaturization Is Driving the Market
The industry has always been witnessing constant transitions, miniaturization of nodes and increasing size of wafers owing to the ULSI fabrication are driving the market growth. Increasing number of manufacturers offering innovative products are increasing as the companies are focused toward R&D. Growing consumer electronic users and consumer preference toward smaller, lighter and thinner products, with increased demand for tablets, smartphones and other connected devices, along with the increasing need for advanced architecture in electronic products, are also fueling the growth of this market.
Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Packaging Is the Fastest Growing Technology
Innovations in the semiconductor packaging technology are majorly based on the size of the wafer, thereby raising focus on the wafer-level packages, which has resulted in innovative packaging solutions in the chip industry. Manufacturers are keenly focused on the production of larger diameter wafers owing to the increasing demand. This is expected to reduce the costs incurred in manufacturing, and hence, is expected to lead to the development of advanced packaging solutions. The Fan out sub-segment technology is an emerging alternative solution to the 2.5D packaging, it can also handle multiple dies when compared to the fan-in wafer-level packaging, which can handle single die only. Fan-out technology is witnessing significant growth, as this eliminates the need for process flows that includes water fluxing, cleaning, curing, flip-chip assembly and under-fill dispensing.
Asia-Pacific Is Expected to Witness High Growth Rates
Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a healthy rate, being a major revenue generating region during the forecast period. Presence of major players in this region and heavy investments in R&D for developing products with advanced features is fueling the growth of this market. China is a major contributor in this region, mainly driven by the policy framework released by the State Council of the People’s Republic of China in June 2014. This policy aims to make advanced packaging a technology priority across the semiconductor industry. To cater to the various advancements in consumer applications, such as, smartphones, tablets and wearable products, the MEMS and CIS markets are expected to exhibit robust growth during the forecast period, in turn, fueling the growth of the advanced packaging market. The growing demand for mobile/wireless sensor, CIS (Cogent Iris Scanner) and fingerprint sensors is expected to propel the Copper pillar and WLCSP growth in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- May 2017 - Amkor Technology acquired Nanium SA, a manufacturer of WLFO technology. The acquisition was aimed at strengthening Amkor in the fast-growing market of wafer-level packaging for smartphones, tablets and other applications.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Trend of miniaturization as a driver to the global market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Technology expected to dominate the market
- Regions expected to witness growth during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Factors Driving the Market
4.1.1 Growing Trend Of Miniaturization
4.1.2 Demand From The Developed And Emerging Economies
4.2 Factors Restraining the Market
4.2.1 Lack Of Standardization
4.2.2 Competitive Substitutes
5. Global Advanced Packaging Market Segmentation
5.1 By Technology
5.1.1 Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Packaging
5.1.2 Through Silicon via (Tsv) Packaging
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Amkor Technology Inc.
6.2 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
6.3 STATS ChipPAC Ltd
6.4 Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc.
6.5 United Microelectronics Corporation
6.6 Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation *List is Not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future Outlook of the Advanced Packaging Market
- Amkor Technology Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- STATS ChipPAC Ltd
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc.
- United Microelectronics Corporation
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation