Growing Cyber-Crimes and Increasing Complexity of Attacks is Driving the Market
The increasing complexity of protecting infrastructure against advanced threats or cyber-attacks is compelling businesses to adopt managed security services. In major sectors like BFSI, healthcare, and IT & telecommunications, targeted attacks have become increasingly complex. Well-funded intruders have developed sophisticated evasion techniques, to remain undetected by the traditional security appliances and software deployed by organizations. To decrease intruder evasion, many large enterprises are opting cloud-based managed services packages which specifically include the managed security services. Cyber intelligence and powerful behavioral analytics platforms represent the main defense that an organization can draw upon to mitigate the risks posed by advanced cyber-threats. MSSPs have an advantage over internal information technology (IT) departments because MSSPs have a greater visibility into the threat landscape.
Distributed Denial-of-Services (DDoS) is the Fastest Growing Segment
The distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) protection market is majorly driven, due to the increase in frequency, size, and advancement in DDoS attacks with the accessibility of easy-to-use tools. Large enterprises are also concerned about the loss of productivity and goodwill when attacks occur, this is a driving factor for them to deploy DDoS protection services. These services are driven by the increasing number of mobile and IoT devices, which force service providers to update their current security defense systems by deploying new and sophisticated solutions provided by vendors in order to maintain continuity in services for their customers. Several large enterprises are investing heavily in R&D activities in order to develop optimal protection and firewalls against such distributed denial-of-service attacks.
APAC is the Fastest-growing has the Largest Market Share
Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest growth rate, during the forecast period, due to the increasing number of enterprise establishments. This increase in the number of businesses results in outsourcing of IT-related functions, owing to their huge advantages. The Indian MSS market has been rapidly gaining traction over the last few years. The key driving force for this can be attributed to the Indian government’s strong emphasis on the development of e-governance and digitization. Strong governmental support is expected to be the critical element in building robust growth momentum of the MSS market. With the ‘Digital India’ initiative, the usage of IoT-related applications has increased across the country. The growing demand for cybersecurity professionals has resulted in the enterprises to seek external services to enhance their security capabilities. The shortage of talented security professionals has further prompted enterprises to outsource their security tasks to MSSPs, contributing to the greater adoption of MSS in the country.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018 - Verizon acquired Niddel, a machine learning based automated threat hunting company, to expand its portfolio of managed security detection and response services.
- January 2018 - Cisco Computing was selected by Ameritas, an insurance company for upgrading its data centers to improve agility and operational efficiency along with increasing the IT infrastructure.
- February 2017 - Deloitte launched manage digital identity service and manage threat service which are designed to augment digital transformation and security prioritization of enterprise assets.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The growing cyber-crimes and increasing complexity of attacks, and their role as a market driver
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The deployment mode which is expected to dominate the market
- The region which is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Growing Cyber-Crimes and Increasing Complexity of Attacks
4.2.2 Evolving Compliance Requirements for Organizations
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Lack of Threat Awareness
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Technology Overview
6. Global Managed Security Services Segmentation
6.1 By Deployment Type
6.2 By Service Type
6.2.2 Threat Management (Research, Detection, Remediation)
6.2.3 Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS)
6.2.4 Firewall Management
6.2.5 End Point Security
6.2.6 Secured Information and Event Management
6.3 By Organization Size
6.3.1 Small and Medium Businesses
6.3.2 Large Enterprises
6.4 By Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP)
6.4.1 IT Services Providers
6.4.2 Managed Security Specialists
6.4.3 Telecom Service Providers
6.4.4 Telecom Service Providers
6.5 By Verticals
6.5.2 Government and Defence
6.5.5 Healthcare and Life Sciences
6.5.6 IT and Telecommunications
6.6 By Geography
6.6.1 North America
6.6.4 Latin America
6.6.5 Middle East & Africa
7. Vendor Market Share Analysis
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 Verizon Communications
8.2 IBM Corporation
8.3 Symantec Corporation
8.5 Dell Secureworks, Inc.
8.7 Cisco Systems, Inc.
8.9 Trustwave Holdings Inc.
8.10 Accenture Plc
8.11 HP Enterprise
8.12 Computer Sciences Corporation
* List is not Exhaustive
9. Investment Analysis
10. Future of Global Managed Security Services Market
- Verizon Communications
- IBM Corporation
- Symantec Corporation
- Dell Secureworks Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Trustwave Holdings Inc.
- Accenture Plc
- HP Enterprise
- Computer Sciences Corporation.