Growing Consumer Awareness A Major Market Driver
The world population exceeded 7.2 billion, out of which more than 2.5 billion are ‘millennials’ (of the age 15-35), and unlike the other generations they actually share a deep concern about the environmental issues. A majority of these consumers are skeptical about the corporate responsibility claims made and have brought an ethical consumer revolution demanding ethically produced goods. Advanced manufacturing processes, technological innovation, and increased integration has helped people to adopt biodegradable packaging rapidly. The government and federal agencies of all the major economies have made stringent regulations in order to reduce the wastage and promote use the biodegradable materials for packaging.
FMCG Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
With the rise in disposable income with the people, FMCG industry is growing rapidly. FMCG industry is moving towards smaller and portable packing to increase the consumer base as well as to reduce the maximum retail price of the product. This has led to the higher usage of packaging material in the industry. Due to stringent government regulations in many countries, this industry is also using biodegradable plastic packaging to comply with the rules.
Europe Expected to Dominate the Market
Europe is expected to dominate the overall biodegradable packaging market owing to the presence of mature market that consists of highly environmentally conscious consumers. In addition, due to the comparatively higher price of biodegradable plastic packaging, the presence of high-spending population is also expected to increase the overall demand for biodegradable packaging in this region. The increasing pressure on the governing organizations to decrease carbon emissions and landfills, as well as the issues relating to mounting plastic waste, have increased the consumption of biodegradable plastics in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Supermarket chain Iceland and fast food giant McDonalds have said they will eliminate plastic packaging of all its own label products by the end of 2025. McDonalds also aims to get all items like bags, straws, wrappers, and cups from recycled or renewable materials.
- January 2018: Amcor has pledged to develop all its packaging to be recyclable or reusable by 2025. It has also planned to focus on significantly increasing its use of recycled materials and driving consistently more recycling of packaging around the world. This commitment is aimed at establishing the company as a leader in recyclable packaging.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future biodegradable packaging market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identifying the segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Analysis
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Factors Driving the Market
5.2.1 Growing Environmental Concerns
5.2.2 Stringent Government regulations
5.3 Factors Restraining the Market
5.3.1 Lack of supply of Bioplastics and and raw materials
5.3.2 High Costs as compared to normal Plastic
5.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
5.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
6. Global Biodegradable Plastic Packaging Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Starch Based plastic
6.1.2 Cellulose Based Plastics
6.1.3 Polylactic Acid (PLA)
6.1.4 Poly-3-Hydroxybutyrate (PHB)
6.1.5 Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA)
6.1.6 Polyamide 11 (PA11)
6.1.7 Bio-Derived Polyethylene
6.1.8 Genetically Modified Bioplastics
6.2 By End User
6.2.5 Fashion and Apparels
6.2.6 Electronics and Appliances
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of the Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of the Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
7.1 Amcor Limited
7.2 Mondi Group
7.3 Berry Global, Inc
7.5 Sonoco Products Company
7.6 BIOPAC Systems Inc.
7.7 Smurfit Kappa Group
7.8 Berkley International Packaging
7.9 EarthFirst Brand Films
7.11 International Paper
*List not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Biodegradable Plastic Packaging Market
- Amcor Limited
- Mondi Group
- Berry Global Inc.
- Sonoco Products Company
- BIOPAC Systems Inc.
- Smurfit Kappa Group
- Berkley International Packaging
- EarthFirst Brand Films
- International Paper